Mon, Sep 9, 8:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Conforming JCM clothing question

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2004 at 7:53 PM ยท edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 3:50 PM

I am producing a set of clothes, and have noticed in many products that when the right collar of a figure is raised or lowered the skin of the figure pops out of the conforming clothing... Answer, well normally its in the form of a morph or a set of magnets, which i can do, but is annoying when posing figures... So what else can you do??? Well i have managed to add Joint Controlled Morphs to the clothes that when conformed to the figure are controlled by the figure, so this means that when you raise the right collar on the figure the clothes alter shape to adapt to the figure, removing the pop out flesh problem... But the problem... the clothes only work with one figure in any scene, including scenes with two or more figures in, and the clothes wont work properly if you then conform them to another figure in the scene unless you start again from scratch.... so... do i use the old aproach of user controlled morphs to stop these pop outs or Use this new aproach that does the morphs for you??? Please comment as i am unsure which people would like?

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 3:31 AM

JCMs in clothing rely on a bug in Poser called crosstalk - however as you've discovered, it doesn't always work reliably, and I believe Poser 5 has 'fixed' the bug, and the advantages that go along with it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't provide a JCM, but in some circumstances it will have to be manually adjusted; something for the readme file (or the "don't bother reading me and muddle through somehow" file as it's sometimes known).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.