Tue, Oct 22, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: 1812 Project (brown bess) test if you like

lakota ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 11:12 PM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 2:52 AM

Attached Link: http://web.usxchange.net/lakota/downloads/bess.zip

file_134157.JPG

1812 Project (brown bess) test if you like The 1809 India pattern brown bess is ready to try out. Down load it if you like. It is a poser figure with a movable hammer, frizzen (flint strike plate), and trigger. It also has a possable rifle sling or strap. In addition it has a ramrod and socket bayonet as attached props. Please note that this figure is detailed and not for common use to arm all the troops. It is 464k zipped and 1.7 meg when extracted. After selecting Figure/Use Limits, this item should fit to the right hand with the "pick" pose and should be parented to that hand. A left handed shooter would get a face full of soot and embers with their first round and no doubt be blinded by the flash. "Use limits" and "Use Inverse Kinematics" ikChain Strap for best resaults. Use xScale and zRotate on the 17 strap segments to adjust the strap for use. There is a known problem with the strap becoming detached from the muzzle end strap ring. I have not been able to solve this problem and still mantain it's intended function. It would help if I knew what I was doing, but I have no glue to cr2 files. It might be a problem with the joint, or phi parent or yzx imput, or ikChain, or it might be in the design of the strap. Or it could be one of those things like shins on a long dress. I don't rightly know. Is there a way to have a child have two parents or create a loop? Again, cr2 is not my strong point. Any suggestions? Lakota lakota@usxchange.net http://web.usxchange.net/lakota/downloads/bess.zip

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 11:36 PM

Circular IK is something we've been trying to acomplish for a very long time with little success.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 12:25 AM

I'm downloading the file now. Thanks for the work on the gun and the coat. Codeman came up with "invisible IK" that would probably do what you want, and uses it on his octopus figure. He and bloodsong were beginning to colaborate on a tutorial, but it fell by the wayside. Anthony Appleyard did something similar with his scuba gear. I haven't downloaded it, so I don't know any details.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 12:25 PM

Something (whether one model, or a tree of models and props parented to each other) has two jointed limbs, A and B. In the case of my aqualung (= scuba set), they are the stab's breathing tube and the stab's inflation tube. A is an IK chain. Set A IK-on. Select the goal (= the end segment) of A's IK chain. Select the menu option "change parent of object", and set it to (say) the end segment of B. That is because the goal of an IK-chain has an ordinary parent and an IK-parent. The menu option "change parent of object" normally sets parents of props, but if an IK-goal is currently set, it sets its IK-parent. By default, any IK-gosl's IK-parent is that model's BODY, until the user changes it. To stop this new joint from acting like a wild horse, do this: IK-parent A to B as above. Save the model to a library. Delete the model off the Poser screen. Reload the model from the library. That makes Poser forget some wrong working copies of values. And what IS "invisible IK", anyway???????

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 12:46 PM

Codeman, began to explain "Invisible IK" in the Character creators forum then disappeared.. It has something to do with adding extra IK links through the Poser4 Hierarchy editor. I guess the only way to see it in action is to purchase his octopus figure. -JH.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.