Tue, Oct 22, 7:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Has PoserWorld gone down......

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 8:46 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 9:41 PM

.....or has my bookmark just gone bad? I can't get in. Steve, are you out there? Melanie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 9:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserworld.com

Works fine for me.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 9:07 PM

Thanks, Sam, but I was trying to get into the membership section. Don't tell me my membership expired and I don't know it. Steve, are you out there? Have I expired? Eek! Melanie

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 9:11 PM

Membership area is looking fine for me. Maybe give it another try?

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 8:17 AM

I just logged in via the forum and got a no page...i then did it again and it worked, and ok on subs area...i think it might just be Allen doing repairs after last weeks nightmare......I don't have your details for That Melanie, Allen sorts all that out (lets me make more models) but you would have had a notice in the last few weeks if it had....Just a thought here coz my membership has never ran out LOL, would you not just get a "you are not allowed to view this page" type error if your membership had run out, rather than a no page found one i mean.......Steve

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 8:40 AM

Thanks, Steve, I'll try it again. Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 8:47 AM

Steve, I just tried it again and still got the Page Not Found error, however, I went into the PoserWorld non-subscription page and logged in from there and it works now. I think my bookmark went bad. I've resaved the bookmark to the subscription page and hopefully it'll work now. Thanks, Melanie

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:03 AM

I'm getting a no-show from my bookmark too, but if I type poserworld in the IE address bar and then tab down to the What's new line in the list of pages I get asked for my login and can enter as normal - looks like a fault on the main page.

Schurby ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:04 AM

The only way I finally got into members area this morning is to go to the main free page at poserworld.com and then click on the login button at the the top. It logged me in and took me into the subscription area. Whats up Steve?

Schurby

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 9:12 AM

AAAh i think i might know what could be wrong...The free area was moved to a new server today (last night depending where you are) now thats on a different server from the members area (always is) so the DNS may not be updated on your ISP's yet and may cause it not to be seen...Sorry about all this, i can promise you we are taking measures so that if we ever have a big mess up like last weekend we can get back up and running quickly and properley fast....Steve

rrkknight3 ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 4:56 PM

And, as Schurby says, you can go to the front page and then to the subscription area. Click on the link at the top of the page which says "Login". What I saw was that "login.poserworld.com" wasn't answering (and still isn't.) This was the old subscription target. It's now going to poserworldsubscriptions.com. This target does not answer ping (ICMP) but does answer HTTP. It's probably a reasonable way to fight hacking...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.