Sun, Oct 6, 8:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Save for web...

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 3:06 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 2:03 AM

I've been noticing this for sometime now. When I "save for web" an image in jpg, some images appear much more saturated and bright than the original. I've played with the settings (always under .jpg format) and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Does somebody know why this happens? Is there a way to avoid it? Thanks in advance!

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

aprilgem ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 7:16 PM

Appear more saturated in the Save For Web window? On the web? In Photoshop when you open the resulting file? I've never had this happen to me before; nor have I heard of it. Are you using ICC profiles? Saving for web from CMYK images?

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 10:40 PM

"Appear more saturated in the Save For Web window? On the web? In Photoshop when you open the resulting file?" In the save for web windows AND the resulting file. I've been trying .gif and it does it with gifs as well. As I never quite understood ICC profiles, I don't think I use them, and no CMYK, I'm talking about RGB from and to. Thank you!

LeFrog ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 10:44 PM

This sounds like it can be the color settings. Which you can change by going to edit>color settings and make sure that under settings it is set to Web Graphics Defaults. One should always calibrate the monitor for different jobs. So try that, and for print you may use the U.S Prepress Defaults. I have never really had that problem either so if that does not work maybe try deleting photoshop's preferences. -LeFrog

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 11:04 PM

Thank you, LeFrog. The color setting are set to Web Graphics Defaults. Sigh, I guess I'll have to make a huge investigation about this. If I knew somthing about these things, I should know why it only changes the colors when I go to save for web. It doesn't happen when I'm working on Photoshop itself.

LeFrog ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 11:25 PM

It was worth the try. - LeFrog

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 11:37 PM

Yes, of course! Thank you!!! :-)

LeFrog ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 7:22 AM

Your welcome :)

Itariajin ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 7:56 AM

I had same problem only it was with png files. Once saved for web if i had to modify them and save again colors became more saturated. I solved saving files in jpg the second time instead of png. Sorry for my poor english, i hope it was understandable.

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 7:30 PM

Actually, LeFrog, I think it WAS a matter of ICC profiles. I started playing with the various settings, and teh difference was made by the Web Graphics Default you were talking about (and other differences at other settings). The only thing that apparently didn't change the colors was to turn "color management off". So I did, and then my saved jpg was the same as my psd. Do you think this will make other people's monitors to show my images differently? I wouldn't want that, but the use of color management made the saved images in MY system so obviously different, I think it wasn't doing any good.

LeFrog ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 10:14 PM

Well i would not worry to much about that issue, however if you are really considered about how others see your image you can always save the image with your icc profile. -LeFrog

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 4:00 AM

The thing is, when I do, it saves it differently from the version I've been working on. It saturates it a whole lot. When I noticed this and posted here, I was using the ICC profile Web Graphics Default, as you later on adviced me to use. And that one was causing the image to save differntly from the original. It happens the same with every ICC profile I tried. The only thing that didn't seem to change the colors was to turn the ICC profiles off. Strange, sin't it? Well, might as well be normal, but since I don't have any knowledge on that area, it is strange for me anyway. Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it! Barbara

LeFrog ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:25 PM

Well Barbara, are you certain that when you were working on the image that color management was on? This does effect it, also calibrating your monitor is good. But you need only worry about that mostly for print work. Maybe post a before and after image, and i can see what the problem may be. -LeFrog

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.