Mon, Sep 9, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Trouble trying to get a path to show up.....

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 12:46 AM ยท edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 7:18 AM

I have never been able to get one of those paths to show up.So basically till now I have left them alone. Time to try one now, so if there is a tutorial or a quick answer I'd love to know. They seem to be like that smart pipe, but I forgot how I got those textured too. Getting old I think.sigh

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

pogmahone ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 1:41 AM

Hi dBgrafix - do you mean an animation path?

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 1:41 AM

I assume that you're talking about object trijectory paths. Go>create>paths and choose a path. If you can't see from your present view, try viewing it from the top view. Go>attributes>animation and mess with the trijectory options. If for some reason the path is not selected, go to the object selection bar at the bottom of the display screen, click the little down arrow and select path. Then zoom in on selected path. Hope this is what you're looking for.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 2:28 AM
  1. mahe a sphere or another object 2) if the animation slider isn't showing click the little globe bottom right 3) move the animatin slider 4) move the object(a path will now show up) (repeat as necessary) the resulting nodes are editable if you want it to be an animation path thats it 6) if you want a path to replicate along 7) go to objects 8) create path should be highlighted click it and there ya go!

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 2:30 AM

Pardon my misspelling and extra step notation.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 2:32 AM

opps that should read repeat steps 3 and 4 as necessary

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 8:13 AM

My understanding was that paths do not "show up" when rendered. They are used, as the 'mouse said, to replicate objects along a pre-arranged course, or to animate an object along a course. Wrapping them in a texture and having them appear as just another object in a scene would be handy though. ;)

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 8:32 AM

If you want "paths" to show up when rendering you'll have to fake it wit multireplication of an object of your choice along that path. the further steps are to link your object to the path in the objects attribites and multireplicate. check keyword "path" in the search functiom at the top of the bryce topics.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 8:33 AM

wit = with

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.