Mon, Sep 16, 10:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Help please!

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 6:17 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 4:57 AM

Hi all. I just got a free copy of carrara 1.1 with pc world magazine and I would like to know how to make boolean objects? Any ideas? Cheers Minty P.S. If anybody knows of any free tutorials online that would be helpful too.

sailor_ed ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 7:09 AM

This is a good news, bad news situation. The bad news: thru version 2 boolean operations were unreliable and generally considered unusable or usable with difficulty. Most people concentrated on workarounds. The good news: in version 3.03 (the current version) boolean operations work quite well and are useful modeling tools in both the assembly room and vertex modeler. I hope you will persevere with Carrara as it is a fine program and a very good value. I am not so knowledgeable about tutorials but there are several on the Eovia site for a start. Sorry not to be more helpful.. Ed

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 7:43 AM

Create 2 objects, overlap them. Select them both and then you should see "3D Boolean" available under the "EDIT" menu. Click on that and it will give you options combining. However Sailor Ed is right, early Carrara Booleans were not very reliable. Patrick Tuten

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 12:53 PM

Check the area of overlap to make sure both objects have similar polygon density prior to attempting any boolean operation in C1.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.