Mon, Sep 9, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: ApriLWiP

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 3:23 PM ยท edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 8:58 AM

file_105473.jpg

Still have to fine tune the colors.The hat is driving me nutty. Going to try to make the poser model a little more lucid. FWTempest ...thanks for having that desk in freestuff. Just modelling the window was enough for me. Any C&C is more than welcome.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 4:12 PM

GREAT DESK!!! Just kidding. The window looks familiar, and welcomely so, it's beautifully done. I couldn't attest to the historical accuracy, but the window frame invokes the proper 'period' flavor for me too. I'm very impressed by the 'typeface as art' border, because in this instance it is art, and adds wonderfully to the presentation. I don't know if I feel that the hat is pivotal; if you nail it keep it, otherwise... What I do think could make this a galactic success is nailing the body carriage and skin tones. Madame Tussaud's has taken the wax museum to a whole new level and we are doomed to have to try to keep up. Impressively original concept and execution.

diolma ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 5:44 PM

Agree about the window - it looks great. I also like the whole concept and the general composition (nice POV!) But (there's always a but)... 1. The bottom part of the window appears open, but there's no light coming through it. 2. The light which IS coming in (from some other source) seems rather bright for the period (which would have had candles, or possibly gas-lamps?) and would be yellower and cast much softer shadows. 3. If that bottom window isn't open, it should have shadows on it (and possibly some reflection). 4. The suit seems too dark - all the detail getting lost. How about moving the hat back a bit and rotating it "backwards" a tad - a bit more in line with the upper body? Not sure if that'd work, but it might be worth a try:-) I assume you're going to put some sort of texture on the walls (but something very subtle, I hope - that "bare" look works well, just needs a little, errmm, something. Maybe a very light touch of noise? or fractal? I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out! Cheers, from someone who can't compose an image to save his life, Diolma

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 6:45 PM

And here I was the one who said in an earlier thread that contest wips should be kept a secret. Ha!! Glad I put it in here for this good feedback... All taken and acknowledged. Back to work now on it. As far as the suit goes.I am so bad at Poser I'm glad I got it even like this. This suit will not seem to conform to the figure.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 7:10 PM

C'mon Doug, using all the resources at your disposal is part of the 'art' of creating the image. It's gotta be about more than just skill with the app... or I'm sunk!

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 9:51 PM

I really like the POV, the subject, and the text border. Now for a few crits(nothing major,lol) Being a bit of a student of the Victorian era and its' architecture, I couldn't help but notice that the window is a bit short. Many of the houses of that era had windows 4-5 feet high. In the few photos I've seen of Twain wearing a hat, the hat was usually white. The last thing I noticed was that he is holding the quill pen in the wrong hand. Yes, Twain was a "lefty",lol. Otherwise, I love what you've got so far. I'm a big fan of the man.

Slakker ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 10:16 PM

Pst...change the suit to white, as per Samuel Clemen's trademark style. Er...Mark Twain.

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 2:44 AM

file_105475.jpg

This is the image I was basing it on sort of...Southpaw huh... darn back into the dreaded Poser again. Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.