Thu, Oct 10, 4:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: TextPuppet?

LonRanger ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 1:53 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 5:19 AM

Anyone use TextPuppet? Is it useful? Worth the price? Any integration problems with Poser 4? Thanks. LR

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 11:05 PM

textPuppet creates lipsynced pose files, much like Mimic. However, it works entirely from text input alone, and also generates text-to-speech .wav files using a built-in speech synthesizer.

It's a separate utility, not a plugin. You don't even need to have Poser installed in order to use it. The poses should work with any Poser figure that has the proper morphs.

textPuppet is a nice application, but in my opinion Mimic does more convincing lipsyncing. And the speech synthesizer isn't exactly state-of-the-art, although I've heard worse. But the biggest turn-off for me is the fact that I can't use existing .wav files with it ... in other words, I can't make my characters speak with the voice of Sean Connery.

Worth the price? Maybe. If you plan to do a lot of animation, it beats keyframing the lipsync by hand. But you can get Mimic 2 for $60 less (or even cheaper if you're a DAZ Platinum Clubber), and text-to-speech apps can be downloaded for free from the 'Net.

LonRanger ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2004 at 12:50 AM

Thanks for the info!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.