Tue, Oct 22, 1:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: I'm retiring a few of my freestuff items - last chance to download.

gps ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 4:51 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 1:54 PM

Actually, what I'm trying to do is unify my freestuff content, by making sure that all of it is free for commercial use (which eliminates one item), that none of it is dependant on other peoples' freestuff (which rules out another two), and that - within reason - it isn't too obscure (hence the first item on the list LOL)

I'm also taking down the V1 and Dork textures - not because they fall into any of the previously mentioned categories, but because I did them ages ago and frankly they're not very good! Nowadays, better free textures exist in abundance, so I might as well put the web space to better use.

So the items being retired are...

'Space:1999' Moonbuggy/Amphicat ATV
Texture for the Arwen head morph by Porthos
'Natural' texture for Victoria
Hi-resolution texture for P4 Male
Cring Monocle
Seburo C25a

I'll be taking them down in about a week - and hopefully adding new (and better) freestuff items shortly thereafter :)

Cheers

• Graham

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 5:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up! BTW...I love your Rows of Books!

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 5:50 PM

Yeah Thanks! I had no idea there were any appleseed related props in Freestuff. ^_^ Just reread Appleseed 1-4 for the millionth time... I am waiting with a mix of excitement and great apprehension for the new anime.

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 6:26 PM

Heh... I must be slowing down -- I have Ghost in the Shell, the manga at least, and I didn't recognise the Seburo for a few weeks after I downloaded it. (It's a great-looking little prop, BTW, I have a neat idea or three for using it.)

In fact, for a while I thought it was a real item until I re-read the readme in the .zip file. Ah well, Shirow's an Art Ghod™, and we're hardly fit to brush the dust off Deunan's eyepatch...

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2004 at 6:28 AM

There's nothing like hearing that something is disappearing to make you want to check it out - I hope your bandwidth isn't in as short supply as the web space. :) I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the Vicki and Dork textures. They have something that most textures (free or not) don't have - blemishes. 8) Plain, unadorned textures are hard to find, unlike makeup and tattoos. ;) Thanks for the warning, anyway, and I'm glad I managed to get those textures before they disappeared.

compiler ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2004 at 4:55 PM

I love your seburo and your moon buggy. They've been in my Runtime for many months and still don't pale in comparison to newer stuff. Thanks a lot for sharing your work !

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 6:16 AM

Thank you... and I agree with Dizzie about your book props.

artnik ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 10:26 PM

What's the link?

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 12:26 PM

it's here in freestuff...click on his name and go to his freestuff...:>)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.