Sat, Sep 21, 9:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: CAUTION! Victoria Model RIPPED OFF!!

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 2:54 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:52 AM

file_134502.jpg

Yes folks it's TRUE! Vicky the Millennium Woman was out shopping with Michaels credit cards for some much needed clothing (it turns out her bathing suit was chaffing her) when she ended up at the popular Zygote Store in the WWW mall. There she picked up a Victoria Clothing Pak CD set and rushed home to try on her new clothing ONLY to find that she was swindled!!! As you can see from the picture above the 'conformed' dress (as well as many other clothing items, including the cat suit and boots) does not properly 'conform' to the figure! The only way the clothing fits her is if she stands in the default 'T' position! NOW how is she supposed to model like that!? Repeated attempts to solve the problem by making portions of her body invisible failed to correct the problem and only ended up with her having missing portions clearly visible through her clothing (as seen above) In order to not have 'missing' portions of her body one has to compromise by allowing her arms to show through her clothing! (as seen on her left side - your right) Victoria is VERY annoyed after all the money she spent, considering her younger sister Posette went shopping at a knockoff store for mostly the same clothing and it all conforms QUITE nicely to her body! Victoria was hoping to make her debut in a new online comic and now her hopes are dashed by "unconforming clothing!" Prior to shopping she downloaded and installed all of the latest patches and made sure that everything on her harddrive was in working order..yet she still has this problem! Is this the case of the "Clothing that would not conform?" or is she overlooking some repair patch being offered by the store? Victoria needs YOUR help! PLEASE if you know of any reason why someone would want to swindle her (well Michael really since it was HIS credit cards...poor fellow..he can only afford shorts at the moment given her tastes) out of her hard earned cash could you please let me know? Maybe we can help her clothing conform before she has to shop elsewhere for her clothing! (Oooh I dread the thought of her wearing some sleazy freebie downloads from some dark corner of the web...) PLEASE! She expected QUALITY and all she got was an ulcer that left a hole in her shoulder! ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS?? ZYGOTE?? ANYONE??

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 4:55 PM

Pan .. there is a an update to Vickie that you might have missed ... Her joint parameteres were changed a little before the clothing was released and that causes goofs on version 1-2 of vicki .. there was a couple of upgrades

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 5:09 PM

I got the upgraded Vickie, but her catsuit just won't fit her. That is one of my favorite peices of clothing to play with and make texture for. I only made one texture and transmap for Vickie's catsuit and then gave up. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc. P.S. hoping someone will make her a new catsuit

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 5:38 PM

It seems that what we need in Poser 5 (or 6?) is a way for the user to automatically make a conforming garment obey the joint blend angle and bulge etc joint settings of whatever it is comformed to at the time. The user now must copy all these settings by hand from the conformee to the comformer, and likely anyone making e.g. a pair of conforming kinky boots has said some very kinky language before he finally got through the process. In my case (not sexy but making a pair of conforming boots for my Wetsuitman as part of turning him into a Buck Rogers type skintight spacesuit), I cheated and used a text-editor to bulk copy matter from the Wetsuitman's CR2 file to th boots' CR2 file. And Michael shouldn't leave his credit cards lying about. I don't.

JAFO ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 6:01 PM

a possible quick workaround for this may be transmapping body parts that should be hidden making sure to leave enough clearance to compensate for parts that may show at various angles, i know its not a great solution but may get you by untill a better one is found, i prefer it over selecting body parts and hiding them and it doesnt leave undesireable gaps... :O)

Y'all have a great day.

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 9:13 PM

Heya Ghost! Heya gang! Where could I find those updates? I thought I had them all but apparently I don't....and now poor Vicky's out $30 bucks! It's easier to paint ON clothing than it is to use the conforming clothing from what I've found! UGGG! Wasn't there a link over at Big-i on this? PAN~ www.federation-21.com www.big-i.com "Your 'i' on the digital art industry!"

KrzyAce ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 9:37 PM

Attached Link: http://krzyview.excelland.com

If anyone can tell me where I can find any version of vicky I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 9:37 PM

I think it is on the page on the zygote site that vickie is on. Just hunt for her again and on her description page there should be a link to update the file as of June or May or something ...It should be the only one there. It is the updated CR2 ... I posted a really quick picture of her in the dress and the catsuit a couple of minutes ago ... Forgot the shoes Pan , sorry. But I think they work too

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 9:40 PM

KrazyAce ... www.zygote.com And Pan .. yeah there was. When it happened I mentioned it in the Poser Forum at Big-i ..

JanP ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2000 at 11:10 AM

I think you are indeed missing all the updates to Vicky. and/or the 4.03 update. She conforms perfectly with her clothes on my computer. I think you need to check all that you have and start a dialogue with zygote

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2000 at 5:18 PM

Whoa...I forgot about this post...it's been so long! I guess I should have mentioned I have solved the problem! Turns out I didn't have one of the updates (on Zygotes side of things) that I needed. Once I downloaded it and put it through the paces it was better (not 100 percent) but better. Now she's just like Posette...as long as she's careful what she eats...her clothes should conform nicely :) PAN~ www.federation-21.com www.big-i.com "Your 'i' on the digital art industry!"

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2000 at 3:10 AM

Blue Scarab wrote: parentable lights and cameras

I successfully parented a light in Poser (to a miner's helmet to make his helmet light work) and in Bryce (to a submarine as its headlight). But I can't parent a camera yet. One thing that I would like is to be able to use an eyeball as a camera to see what the eyeball's owner sees.

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2000 at 7:56 AM

That would be cool. That was done recently in a game called TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT in which one of the characters endings (I believe it was BRUCE or someone like that) is battling what at first appears to be the camera as he repeatedly strikes it with punches and kicks...but then you realize the camera is moving in first person trying to dodge his blows and everytime he strikes and lands a punch or kick it goes flying backwards onto the ground as dust kicks up. You then see as the camera pans around him and there's a pile of enemies stacked up that he has finished beating up. It's a neat effect. You watch the whole thing through the eyes of the 3D attackers....pretty cool stuff. PANdaRUS www.federation-21.com www.big-i.com "Your 'i' on the digital art industry!"

JanP ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2000 at 8:22 AM

Parenting cameras to things would be great. Ah, if only Ghost Effects had the fordight to make the cameras visible and manipulateable by just grabbing it. If it had an actual solid object representaion, I belive this would be possible

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2000 at 8:30 AM

foresight to make the cameras visible- - - - - -

In Bryce the "Camera" camera is visible in wireframe mode, but the other cameras (Director, etc) aren't. Is it possible in Poser to parent the cube prop to a camera to show where the camera is?

JanP ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2000 at 10:06 AM

I don't think so. But I'll try it right now. Hold on.... Hold on a bit longer...Why YES!! It is indeed possible. It appears that I owe Ghost Effects an apology. This wan't ever documented and I for one was not smart enough to consider trying to attach a prop to the camera However oit is not possible to go the other way around attaching the camera to a prop. This way would be much better so you could have a 3D representation of your camera and make positiong the camera very easy by just manipulating the parented object. Oh well. JanP

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2000 at 11:33 AM

Sounds cool. I've done this parenting camera with my animations in Bryce but never tried it in Poser. Alas...would be nice to have the ability to have multiple cameras in the "Premiere Animation tool" that is poser ;) PAN~ www.federation-21.com www.big-i.com "Your 'i' on the digital art industry!"

JanP ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2000 at 6:31 PM

Yes I've always felt it was fuuny that they called themselves "Thge Premiere Animation Tool" When really they are not. But I do like the program

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2000 at 7:53 AM

hehehe..I agree...but I'm sure that will change for the better now that Curious Labs has it. (keeps fingers crossed so tightly they merge into one single digit) PANdaRUS~ www.federation-21.com www.big-i.com "Your 'i' on the digital art industry!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.