Mon, Oct 21, 5:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Crosstalk in Poser 5...or something like it

eirian ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 9:13 AM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 2:01 PM

Has anyone else experienced this (or better yet, does anyone have a fix)? When I use the DAZ unimesh figures (V3, M3, SP etc) in P5 and have more than one figure in a scene, I can only properly morph one of them. I can use the injection system on both, and it works for faces, but the full body morphs will only work on the first figure loaded. After that, I have to morph by selecting each body part on all subsequent figures loaded. This seems to affect clothing as well, but intermittently. It happens every time with the unimesh-based figures. I'm using Poser 5 SR4 on Win XP home.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 9:25 AM

Yup, it happens to me too. The best bet is to work on each character individually, then save them out to your Figures library. In fact, it's a good idea to do this anyhow, since you reduce the risk of losing a lot of work. It will also speed up your scene creation by reducing the amount of stuff you have open in Poser at any one time.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

who3d ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 10:16 AM

Isn't the INJection system hard-coded to work on "Figure 1" ? IIRC that was certainly mooted at one point and some suggested it was an issue. IIRC at least 1 person has attempted a work-around by editing out the figure nubmers from the relevant files... But I'm on pretty iffy "distant memory" ground here :( Cheers, Cliff

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 10:31 AM

I think you're right, Cliff. That said, once the models are INJected and morphed, they won't crosstalk with each other if they are loaded back into a scene together.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

raven ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 3:36 PM
Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1438921

This link takes you to a thread with a solution that I use.

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 1:54 AM

Note that the Injection system was developed by DAZ using stuff built into Poser 4 that is not identical to the stuff in Poser 5, and may not work the same way. The readscript element itself may not be present or available in Poser 6, just as the bug that enabled ERC between two figures was fixed in Poser 5.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

eirian ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 2:27 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! The best bet is to work on each character individually, then save them out to your Figures library. I was hoping there might be another way. That's not really a timesaver for me. This link takes you to a thread with a solution that I use. Sorry, but that's way over my head. I can't even tell what it is you're trying to do in that thread. It's not the injections that are the problem. The readscript works fine, all the deltas function as they're supposed to. I can get any number of figures into a scene as long as I use individual body parts to do the body shaping. It's the morph dials on the "body" that don't work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.