Fri, Oct 4, 3:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Problems with importing 3ds objects in Poser 5

panko ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 6:42 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 11:56 PM

file_106716.jpg

I found at the free stuff section for 3ds objects some magnificent firearms made by coflek-gnorg --a trully wonderful job!-- and I was thrilled, for this was exactly what I was looking for my new project, but... alas, when I imported them into Poser I realised that some of their groups came up detached or out of place (like the hand-grips). Does anyone knows any way around it other than exporting them again like obj and fixing them on a 3d package? (It's not that I'm lazy, I'm running out of time... and also in modeling I stink...:) The picture points out to the problem.

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 8:34 PM

It looks like it might be a problem with the newer 3ds versions that discreet made for 3dsmax. A program called deep exploration might fix them ( if I am right about the problem, that is ).

rreynolds ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2004 at 9:13 AM

That's the problem. Cinema4D also importsthe new format and exports it in the old. You can also get a free M4 at PhilC's site.

panko ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2004 at 9:25 AM

Thank you both very much. I'll give a try to M4 first :)

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.