Mon, Sep 9, 6:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: M2 -> Don clothing conversion?

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 10:47 AM ยท edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 5:52 PM

I may be the only one in the world interested in this, but I thought I'd give it a shot... Back in the day, I got Victoria 2 but not Michael 2. When getting some clothes for V2, such as the Adventurers, M2 sets came with 'em. I set those aside and thought no more of it. Well, recently someone drew to my attention to the fact that Don and Judy take M2 and V2 textures, respectively. So I thought: hey! Maybe I can get some use out of those old M2 clothes by trying 'em on Don! And in fact, by and large they conform nicely; it's just that in the hip/buttock area things go awry. Something about the joint parameters, I think, but I'm not well enough versed in those mysteries to figure it out. Long story short - has anyone done a quickie conversion to fit M2 clothing to Don? (V2 to Judy is also of some interest, but since I have V2, somewhat less so... Don/Judy -> M2/V2 would probably interest those who complain that not enough is made for the Mil2 figs.) If so, where could I find it? If not, could some kind soul point me to the handy tutorials on the dang joint parameter editor, so I can hurt my brain by trying to fit these things?

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 2:40 PM

These should be quite easy to do using joint parameter pose files.

ronstuff ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 3:47 PM

Excellent suggestion - I'd be interested in more clothing for Don. Actually, I've tried some of the P4 Male things and they fit pretty well with very little tweaking on poses. Some MIchael stuff also fits if the garmets are loose enough, but they don't pose as well Is this something that Clothing converter could do or maybe The Tailor? I've got both, but never tried them yet.

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 5:09 PM

Aprilrosanina is probably right about just changing the joints, so you shouldn`t need Clothing converter or the Tailor.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 10:30 PM

So how does one go about changing the joints?

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 3:37 AM

There are poses to fix joints for certain poser 4 figures at a japanese site. It is possible to do, but I don`t know how to do it, somebody else MUST know.

fauve ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 5:56 PM

I've fiddled about with M2 to Don clothing conversions, and for the outfits I tried (mostly Wusamah's stuff), I didn't have much luck with just changing the joint parameters. The Clothes Converter utility will probably be your best bet. One of the main problems I ran into was the inflated-looking shoulders and the -- cough -- "man-boobs" on the M2 stuff. Don has a more realistic and (I think) nicer body shape, so the odd proportions of clothes made to fit M2's upper body don't translate over that well. Once the Clothes Converter came along, I had better luck using that, but it still took quite a bit of reshaping around the shoulders and chest. The lower-body stuff (pants etc) was much easier to fit, though.

narcissus ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2004 at 10:00 AM

I like Don's bodytype more then Mike 2,only wish he was smoother... Maybee taking a Don's cr2 file and change the obj reference file to an identical mike 2 cloth would help? I made this to convert Posette to Natalia and worked almost fine.However I also moved the original obj to match Natalia's position... just a suggestion...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.