Mon, Oct 21, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Bellboy uniform?

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2004 at 7:06 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 7:24 AM

file_107740.jpg

has anyone seen a lanyard cord or shoulder patches laying around?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 6:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/

file_107741.jpg

In PhilC's freestuff area (look under archive), there is a bandsman for the Dork who is wearing a uniform which can be retextured. I'm pretty sure that it includes the lanyard as well as the epaulets. If you need it for Michael, remember M2P4 can wear these clothes. Carolly

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 12:06 PM

Thanks hauksdottir, I think that may have even been a freebie at one point(?) have to check my archives, haven't even thought to look through my older P4 people's stuff.. ;)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 6:17 PM

Igohigh, It is still free. It ought to have the right kind of collar, too, but I'm not sure about jacket length. Of course, bellboys do vary according to hotel. In any case, it is obviously a uniform rather than casual clothes, so you ought to have an easier time of adapting it than you would fetish gear or t-shirt and cut-offs. Carolly

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 11:02 PM

Thanks, I think it just may work too. After all, my scene will have the bellboy behind the front desk so he won't show from the waist down ;p

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2004 at 1:03 AM

Do you have a fez or something like that for the cap? I seem to recall a freebie fez somewhere, too, and there may be one on the Costume Shop CD. Was it Ockham? Somebody made the desk bell. If you don't have one, I'll go look in my files. Carolly

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2004 at 1:25 AM

Thanks hauksdottir, actually I made a bellboy hat myself, not an exact fit but with hair it's not noticable and as for the bell I have seen one but didn't like it's shape so I was going to whip one up in Anim8or too. I've got SAM's3D old phone (however PhilC's looked good too) so now I just have to figure out the rest of the look for the Front Desk. I'm going for a creepy, kinda haunted and fancy look as I got inspired for the idea by a trip to Dizyland with my brother and his kids, the Tower of Terror wasn't open yet but it did put a picture in my mind - Bwahahahahahaha! ;

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 1:17 AM

An older front desk would have a sign-in ledger and real brass room keys hanging behind. (There is at least one hotel in SF where the keys are real.) There is often a safe back there which nobody uses, but we're supposed to. Even a separate ball captain's desk would have a ledger to record who needs a bellboy at what hour. A newer one would have a cart next to it and a roll of tags for putting things in temporary storage. (handy for morning checkouts but evening flights) Potted palms are extra, but traditional lobby decoration. ;^) Carolly

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 10:03 AM

Thanks, I hadn't thought about hanging keys and that would be a nice touch! I was also thinking of making one of those large mail sorting cubby-hole things to go on the wall too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.