Wed, Sep 18, 9:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Mil Horse (Foal) help

Towal ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 5:27 AM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 11:09 PM

file_107788.jpg

This is a WIP, but I'm getting something weird with the texture (or at least *I* think it's odd).

I have marked the areas that I am talking about. I get this problem to varying degrees with every texture for the foal (I haven't tried the horse yet).

I'm using plain old P4. The lights in this one are ones that came with the cyclorama, but it happens with any lighting (default, my own custom, every set I tried).

I have tried changing the bump and this is using the lowest one. It's far worse when using the strong bump.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lorraine ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 6:16 AM

I think that is the veins on the horse, they also have bump maps for them to 'stand up" ...you can smooth them out in post work...or you can open the map, duplicate and make the changes to a personalized version of the map...

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 6:46 AM

Have you tried taking the bump map off completely? Does the problem remain? Also, you say you changed the bump. Did you change the map, or the setting? If the map, have you tried going into the materials box and manually setting the strength lower?

Towal ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2004 at 10:18 AM

file_107789.jpg

ahh I am still learning all the ins and outs of poser. I didn't realize you could manually change the strength of bumps in the materials box. I was just using the options provided with the horse (mats? mors?).

Anyway, that did the trick. I turned the strength down in increments of 5% until the veins were not so prominent.

Thanks very much. Good to learn new things :)

Savage_Artistry ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 8:37 AM

Just wanted to point out that foals that are destined to become gray horses are not born gray - generally they are some color and have a bit of graying starting at the eyes and face. It looks like you're using the texture for a mature horse.

Towal ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 1:13 PM

This is the foal texture. I imagine it's just a smaller version of the horse one, however.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.