Tue, Sep 24, 5:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Tips and technickes of laying texture to the object

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 9:05 AM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 5:16 AM

C'mon, people! Share! I'm in trouble learning it by myself.. ;-)

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 9:10 AM

Eh. Put it in a layer above it and do some masking and play with all the different blending modes? It is a bit of a wide question...

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 9:40 AM

I mean how to make the texture actually combined with an object? I DO understand a mere technick part, what is not getting out good is the shading above... it just doesn't feet, even when I duplicate the shadow part of an object above the texture, it still looks crap :-)

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 9:49 AM

Do you have an example at hand? That would help a lot!

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 10:06 AM

I have, but I'm rather shy to show it -- it's so crapy... right now I've made up something to example, but it was the oppocite case (mabe because one of the objects I used was completely flat, so it came out rather good) blush I'll try to figure out something in the next hour :-)

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 10:09 AM

I am ready to lend a hand...

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 10:57 AM

file_108228.jpg

Well... it came out VERY bad, but that was something to expect, wasn't it? So... let's take this beautiful nectarine (by ickledinkstock from deviantarts) and this beautiful texture (by thespook fron deviants, he's my hero of textures) and make them together... no mutch!

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 10:59 AM

file_108229.jpg

Thespook!

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 11:00 AM

file_108230.jpg

Resoult... he-he-he

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 11:13 AM

file_108231.jpg

And this two are just for fun... to say, Im not so bad... in potential :)

yomah ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 1:37 PM

file_108232.jpg

Bored with the lecture so I thought I'd check the board. This is really quick because I don't want 2 get s#it for not paying attention but is this closer??

yO

Serious ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 4:47 PM

Oh... not at all :-) Don't switch the texture, I can do it too! :-) It's not a contest (by the way, I tried to make a contest, you might be interested in the idea, just visit my gallery and open up "The Antisuicidal Project", I'll be glad YOU see it :-) ) The idea is to apply the texture to fit the object as it is but with its original shadow and, most of all, TO TEACH ME HOW TO DO IT! :-)

retrocity ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 12:45 PM

Hey Serious,
do you want the colour of the "original" shape too or does the colour take on the characteristics of the second texture??

:)
retrocity

Serious ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 2:40 PM

Do with that color what you wish, I just need a correct SHADING! And, if possible, the natural looking curving of this stripes above a nectarine :-)

Serious ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 3:14 AM

Uff... I wish I could understand more on how you did it :) You've got the best nectarine 'till now! Well, let me wake up and try it... none said it will be easy :-)

karosnikov ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 8:15 AM

urm i forgot exactly hw.. but try this copy the layer of original fruit. desaturate this. and it's blending mode is hard light middle is the texture.file - rotate it, and I selected only the apple then applied a filter.distort. Sphere-Ize on it select inverse go to the original apple copy and paste , move this to the top layer

karosnikov ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 7:52 AM

did that help.. at all?

karosnikov ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 2:57 PM

file_108233.jpg

Serious ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 3:36 PM

Ohrm... not really. I've found an excellent tut on this theme on deviantarts, it was about how to make a zombie... Made by t-gar. So I made zombies and forgot about the nectarine. This week I'll probably have very little time, so I can't promiss I'll do my best to this humble fruit but at least I can say that I'll return to live here a link to this tut. If I'll have my computer at good health (there is a chanse I won't) :-)

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2004 at 5:57 PM

Maybe warping it a bit to match the contour of the fruit?

Serious ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 12:55 PM

@TMGraphics: But how to warp it? By that "Displace" tool? Still have problems with it... got the idea from another DA tut :-)

Serious ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 1:42 PM

file_108234.jpg

Hey, what I meant actually was something like this... sorry, guys, I must agree, the nectarine was very poor choice... and I feel bad about it. And, yes, that "Displace" treek also was used here... 15 percent ;-) So, this is the tut link I've been talking about http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6093057/ I've heard that people have problems with opening my deviant arts links... however, look for it in the gallery of t-gar, will be no problem... it's somwhere in the second page, with a zombie on it :-) Have fun! P'S. If you are registered but not allowed to search, just start a submission, put there :icont-gar:, continue next step but not to the end, the moment you see his icon appeared, just click on it. Dirty treek but it works! He-heeeeee..... Good Luck!

Serious ( ) posted Mon, 17 May 2004 at 2:05 PM

file_108235.jpg

..But I must say, that "Spherize" advise was easy and fast one, and not bad at all! Pity you can't make a zombie with... after all, that was my final wish -- making people, not nectarines... :-P Here's the "karosnikov" variant :-)

karosnikov ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2004 at 9:10 PM

I basicly put the texture file on like christmas wrapping on the fruit... the latest fuits of your labor, are grotty, dity andscungy nectarines that remain .. red -ish) select the zomby, as a silloette, make a layer copy. modify the cuves to make him/her/it solid black, get a brush snd selcet the white areah, and see if you can trace around the edge. .. invert. this might help for lighting effects.. for an alpha chanel.. or something. lame lmae lame example provided.. the blue should be transparant

Serious ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 2:41 AM

Ehr... I love getting tips from you, you always have something absolutely unusual to say... I would buy your book for sure, if you ever write one! But sometimes... it's very hard to desypher. "Lame lmae lame example provided.." sounds like vicca wisper for calling a thunderstorm :)But you know, after I read it five times, I got the idea... must try it on something. Thank you very much!

karosnikov ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2004 at 9:28 PM

i'm getting my own Zombie now

Serious ( ) posted Fri, 04 June 2004 at 7:30 AM

Aren't we all kinda Photoshop zombies? I wait with impatience :)

karosnikov ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 2:03 AM ยท edited Sat, 05 June 2004 at 2:10 AM

file_108236.jpg

the image I attach today has nothing to do with zombes... ...just burning things. I think i got distracted...

Message edited on: 06/05/2004 02:10

Serious ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 9:48 AM

http://www.phong.com/tutorials/glass/ I think that might hold a clue... haven't learned it to the bone yet, but it has certain potential :)

karosnikov ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 7:30 AM

urm, it's ok if I don't do a zombie.. I'm just not in the mood... and have less time than ever. your on the right track though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.