Sun, Oct 6, 10:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Forum Enhancements

LillianH ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 10:33 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:19 AM

Based on community requests the following enhancements have been made to the forums for your convenience and ease of use: 1. Edit Posts: Members can now edit their own posts! Simply use the new the new Edit feature located in the post header. Now, if you discover an error, or need to make changes, it is possible to do so within 15 minutes. Edited posts will be displayed with the updated time stamp, and a note that the message has been edited. The message will likewise move position within the thread according to the edited time, if other posts occurred prior to the update. 2. Printer Friendly option now available on all forum threads. The new feature is located in the first post of each thread. Hope everyone enjoys the new features. Best wishes, LillianH Renderosity Marketing & Promotions

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 10:58 AM

These are great changes! The edit feature is particularly useful. Thank you so much.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 11:14 AM

Cool, these are both very handy! Thanks Lillian! --Donnie

Alfons ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 11:23 AM

Thanks, that "edit function" is great :) Alfons

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 11:26 AM

Being able to print out the tutorials posted on forums will be handy too.

Deimos ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 12:03 PM

Thanks I like the Edit function idea a lot. Martin

LillianH ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 1:01 PM

We also just implimented another enhancement. The "Yes" new message indicator will now appear in red. This should make it easier for everyone to see which forums have new posts. (That is unless your background color is set to red ;-) Best wishes, LillianH

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 1:04 PM

I thought that my eyes were playing tricks when the YES seemed so much brighter. That does help.

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 1:07 PM

Thank you so much, Lillian. It all helps tremendously. :-)

Stormrage ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 3:45 PM · edited Thu, 13 May 2004 at 3:46 PM

i like the printer friendly option :)

Message edited on: 05/13/2004 15:46

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 5:31 PM

Like the paoruinter froendlye idea

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

nnuu ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 5:55 PM

whoppee....I find it amusing that when this site pisses a group of people off they go and add some "enhancements" to the site to try and attempt to make people happy....Im sorry, but these new updates are standard everywhere else...this whole forum is a dinosaur...how bout some avatars???...or placing a thread to the top when replyed???...those are features that most forums have these days...and the ones that dont are a joke...like this site...meh is all I can say

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 6:05 PM

There is an unhappy group, but not all of us own a membership to it, and some of us appreciate it when a requested change has been made. I will miss what was fun about the OT Forum, but I don't miss the poisonous nature of some of the threads. I do like having an edit feature and being able to more easily print Dr. Geep's wonderful turorials. That's worth the price of admission. Oh, that's right. The site is free to thee and me with no requirement to buy anything to support it. Hmmm......well, I thank the programmers for these nice changes. Because I appreciate gifts, and this site, for all the struggles and conflicts, and most of its membership, have been a gift to me. You'll just have to endure someone who got some positive news this afternoon and insists on being in a good mood despite you. Hey ho, and off I go.

nnuu ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 6:10 PM · edited Thu, 13 May 2004 at 6:11 PM

You should thank the OT forum members for these changes besides the programmers....cause if we didnt make a big stink about it these changes would not have happened

free site??? you should actually take a look at some other forums around that are just as free....WAY BETTER FEATURES...but dont worry...I wont be here long cause I requested spike to delete my account....

This positive news is damage control that is sugar coated

Message edited on: 05/13/2004 18:11

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 6:16 PM

Hi, I think I found a glich, I just posted problem I was having in amapi, with example images, and noticed I needed to add something, so I used the edit, when the post came up again the image example I was refering to did 'not' post only the dreaded 'red X in a box' showed up. Refreshing did not help. and the edit box has no way to reload the image. The enhance is great for text, but if you are aking for help and illustrating the problem using with images, the 'edit' ditches the image......

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 7:29 PM

The red Yes looks good. Please consider putting the new posts column on the far left side to make it easier to associate the forum title with the YesNo New Posts.

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 7:41 PM

"The red Yes looks good. Please consider putting the new posts column on the far left side to make it easier to associate the forum title with the YesNo New Posts. " I agree with that...

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

LillianH ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 9:29 PM

We explored the relocation of the "Yes/No" request. Unfortunately, the rearrangment made it harder to read the forum names. So, we opted not to move that section. We went for the red instead ;-) Best wishes, LillianH

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager

sirkrite ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 10:13 PM

Well I like the new enhancements! Now can we get a Spellcheck? ;)

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 10:27 PM

Um, what's this red "yes" y'all keep mentioning? I can't see anything like that anywhere. Just wondering.

LillianH ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 11:00 PM

file_109195.jpg

Here's a screen shot that might help explain things better. As they say, I picture's worth a 1,000 words ;-)

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 11:23 PM

file_109196.jpg

Here's my version of moving the "New" column to the far left. It doesn't seem to make it hard to read the forum names to me.

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 11:25 PM

Oooh, ok. I never use that page. I just hop around via the scrolling menu thingy. Thanks for the screen cap for explanation...was feeling left out for a second there, LOL.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 2:51 AM

The edit button is a cool addition. Been long overdue. That makes me happy... Still one more thing left. Now here's a new challenge for the programmer types who work behind the scenes: fix the side-scrolling issue!

Simply put, once somebody puts a rather long link or wide format picture somewhere in a discussion it becomes impractical for some people to try reading the text. (Not everyone has the ultra-high-res widescreen monitor.) Which for most purposes makes it unreadable on the screen. The solution? 1. Make an option for preferred viewing resolution in member settings (if there isn't one already). If not set, it should default to XGA (1040x768) as it seems the most common. 2. Force cells in a discussion to a predetermined width based on the resolution setting in order to maintain a readable format. 3. Allow the cells with the link and/or image to expand as required. But only the cells with such links/images. I've seen this at other places so I know it's possible. I think even with a few adjustments to simple table formatting codes this could be done.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

mon1alpha ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 8:59 AM

Well I like it :) With my typing skills the edit feature is a must. Ot refugee

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 9:51 AM

Just rejecting uploaded images >800 pixels wide in the forums would be fine.

jchimim ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 11:27 AM

You'll also get that with strings of characters that go too long without a space, such as a very long url.

wiz ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 1:47 PM

I'm a bit confused. We used to have that feature, editing our own posts. And not just for 15 minutes, you could edit it until someone replied to it. When was that feature removed in the first place? And here's a silly question. If memory serves, I was the 4'th regular member to join this forum, many years ago. Are any of the other old timers still around?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.