Thu, Sep 19, 3:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:54 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: WHAT!? ONLY 1 UPLOAD PER DAY!!!?????

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 12:57 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:06 AM

What th' hell? It used to be that a few months ago,that you were able to upload 3 pics a day.....NOW THEY'RE CHARGIN' FOR IT!!! C'mon! I know the cost is minimal { For most I lost my job due to frequent layoffs!}But it's the principal of it all! $5 up front, plus $5 a month, not much right now But like ALL services, THIS WILL GO UP IN TIME!!!I thought this was an ARTIST'S COMMUNITY!? Why charge the artist ....TO BE AN ARTIST!? Looks like I have to start posting at 11 pm!

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 1:31 AM

HAA!! After I cooled down a bit I came up with a clever solution to this prob! Simply have 4 pics in one! HEH! Looks like I'll be uploading 8 PICS instead of 2! Irregaurdless of this whole postin' thing this IS the BIGGEST artist community around, and I'll NEVER LEAVE!

Cheryle ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 2:46 AM

"and I'll NEVER LEAVE! " why does that sound like a threat? ... (for the humourly challenged- that was a joke)

jchimim ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 7:59 PM

$5 up front, plus $5 a month In the current market, you can get your own web site for less than that...

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2004 at 9:09 PM

"you can get your own web site for less than that..." You wont have anywhere near the same exposure as you do here. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

jchimim ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 6:19 AM

So you put a few of your best works here, and in the notes "If you like this work, see my gallery at (url.)" On your own site, you also won't have the file size restrictions, and you can also show off large videos, your wed design skills (if any,) define the layout...

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 9:16 AM

So you put a few of your best works here, and in the notes "If you like this work, see my gallery at (url.)" On your own site, you also won't have the file size restrictions, and you can also show off large videos, your wed design skills (if any,) define the layout...---------------------------------------------------------------> A BRILLIANT SUGGESTION!! ONE THAT WILL BE TAKEN TO HEART! THANX!.....And to Cheryle.: YEAH IT'S A THREAT!! IN A MATTER 'O FACT I'M SETTIN' UP CAMP NOW AS WE SPEAK! With my refigerator, and tv, and my record player.....uh...CD PLAYER..and my porta-shower, not to mention my tv.....uh...oops said that already! You get th' picture, I LOVE IT HERE!! Looks like I'm MARRIED to th' 'Osity, and NEVER gettin' a divorce! LOL!

LillianH ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2004 at 9:45 AM ยท edited Sat, 15 May 2004 at 9:46 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=1500145

Here is the original thread announcing the gallery upload changes, and the reasons behind it, back on October 27, 2003.

Thought it might be helpful information.

Best regards,
LillianH
Renderosity Marketing & Promotions

Message edited on: 05/15/2004 09:46

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 11:39 PM

"you can get your own web site for less than that..." You wont have anywhere near the same exposure as you do here. That's true, but mostly all I've gotten from exposure here is ripped off. I've never, never, EVER gotten an actual client via Renderosity. I have by my own site and from several other sites (including one Poser type forum), but Renderosity? Never. YMMV. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

fretshredder ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 1:27 PM

nor have I. Rosity has been a place for what I call "friendly exposure". Yeah, people are seeing my works but they are either 1) just viewing my pieces recreationally or worse 2) ripping me off as well. I wish I could get some clients via r'osity, but no ..... not yet :) /gz/

jtmjtm2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2004 at 6:54 PM

I only upload once or two times a week, so it don't bother me.

BDC ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 11:36 AM

Actually I think you make a good point takezo, why not charge those who dont have a gallery, or anything too be able to LOOK at the images the artists create and post. That would definently cut down some of the trolling some people do in the galleries.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.