Fri, Sep 20, 7:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Can anyone help with Bone/rigging in p5??

trogboy ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 12:18 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 1:54 AM

I looked on here for a tut to transfer existing bones from a p4/p5 character to a santa clause model i got off of 3dcafe. I found a tutorial on 3dcafe but the guy only made part 1 of 2 parts. I need to know how to you apply each bone to the santa clause. I deleted the fingers from the p4 bone model in setup area of p5. Im only gonna use the hand bone untill i understand how to attach. Im told I have to create a group for each body part or something but I cant seem to do it right. Can anyone tell me how to do this or direct me somewhere with a tutorial for using existing bones?

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 12:36 PM

Can you post some screen shots? If your Santa is significantly different in size and pose to your donner character you may be better off starting from scratch.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 5:00 PM

I usually resize the character so that the leg bones fit the character, then change the other bones to fit the other body parts.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 3:00 PM

Check out my tutorial @ daz about this. www.daz3d.com in the tutorial arcana and in teh character subseciton

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 10:23 PM

odeathoflife that is exactly the same way I make figures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.