Wed, Oct 2, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: antialiasing incomplete

LanceB ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 8:55 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:21 PM

file_110368.jpg

Recently I have experienced small areas of incomplete antialiasing in my renders. This is a recent change and the only thing I can think of that changed is getting the latest upgrade for Poser 5. I render with the P4 engine because the other engine is way too slow. Small areas of jaggies appear often at the lips or near the junction lines of skin and clothing, but may appear anywhere. Note on the attached render around the nose and around the bra line. Lance

compiler ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 9:23 AM

For Poser5 SR4.1 : use texture filtering at 0.200, use pixel samples at around 6-10. And when you save to jpg format, don't forget to save as best quality. Hope this helps.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 10:12 AM

To me, this looks more like jpg artifacts than lack of anitaliasing. Does it look the same saved as a tiff?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 11:01 AM

I think it looks like jpg artifacts too.

Simderella ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:23 PM

thats is caused because you saved the image as a JPG, jpg's are really not good enough for saving your pics in.. If you have to save in JPG make sure the quality setting is at 100% I always save my images in PNG

My Gallery

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 12:51 AM

That would be quite sore, sitting on that rock. She should have a blanket or something similar underneath her.

LanceB ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2004 at 8:54 PM

Thanks, you guys are right. It is jpg artifact. Somehow my "Save as" settings were changed and I was saving as a low res jpg, I didn't notice because I never change those settings. Duh! Xantor, you are right, the rocks would be hard, but she was modelled after a real person who was jumping off 75 foot cliffs in Havasupai....a little rock probably wouldn't bother her. But if this were a final render she would have something under her, at least shadows if nothing else. Thanks everyone. Lance

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.