Tue, Oct 22, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Homemade HDRI's and C4D part2

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 8:14 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 7:38 AM

file_111869.jpg

In C4D, I use the 2 spehere method to generate a HDR scene. (You can find a sample setup on Maxons site in the tutorials section). I use the LDR for the Visual sphere and, of course, the HDR for the GI sphere. I have also found that when converting the images to C4D's "con" format, the probe conversion works best for the GI, for it makes the shadows more realistic. The cross works best for the Visual, as it makes the reflections seem less distorted. With all this said, here is are a few very simple renderings using this 2 image type setup.

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 8:14 PM

file_111870.jpg

I want to make the HDRI brighter without adjusting the +/- exposure and clamping. It has got to be in the making of the curve I think.... Maybe tinkering with editing the Visual LDR image to make the sky more prominent work better, or maybe this can be fixed with the first though... I have taken the LDR and 'touched it up' in Photoshop and re-introduced it into the scene. Because the HDR and LDR images do not exactly match, I have adjusted the HDR or GI sphere until the shadow matched the LDR or Visual image in the scene. This is the result. Comments and crits and tips welcomed. TMgraphics

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 8:22 PM · edited Sat, 05 June 2004 at 8:23 PM

file_111871.jpg

The LDR Image tweaked some... Still not perfect but it will do! :> I think when creating the LDR, some more attention to the exposure settings will make the sky look better. TMG

Message edited on: 06/05/2004 20:23

corys311 ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 10:54 PM

On your spheres, Im noticing that I can see 3 corners of that square that's beneath them... I dont think that would happen in real life, and I wonder why it happens like that.

corys311 ( ) posted Sat, 05 June 2004 at 10:54 PM

On your spheres, Im noticing that I can see 3 corners of that square that's beneath them... I dont think that would happen in real life, and I wonder why it happens like that.

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 12:14 AM

Actually in real life the 3 corners will reflect in a sphere. I took a square piece of papaer and placed a chrome sphere, one of a pair of hand exercise type, and 3 corners were visable. The sphere will reflect up to 180 degrees. Thanks for pointing that out, I learned something new. TMG

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 1:52 AM

file_111872.jpg

Found an old scene and imported it to render with this HDRI. TMG

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2004 at 3:10 PM

Cool work. These are nicely made probes. Will you be making copies available? And yes the three corners are correct. Actually based upon incidence angle/normal aspect as one approaches the limb of a reflective surface such a sphere may actually capture greater than 180 degrees of azimuth based on sphere center.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.