Wed, Sep 18, 11:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Saving rsr's from png's in the camera folder problems?

droyd ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 10:37 AM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 9:18 PM

Hi Folks, Im converting some simple inject remove poses to the camera folder in Poser 4. The cm2 conversion of the pz2's works fine. I am however having problems trying to resave the files from the png's to rsr's. It seems that the poses won't work unless I leave the ol shrugging guy png's alone and don't try to save a new rsr for the files. Is this a problem with the camera folder? I never had problems saving rsr's from png's in the pose folder? Any advice is appreciated.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 11:12 AM

They work for me, is all I can say. The camera folder is a bit special, because Poser puts that 'viewfinder' graphic frame around the thumbnails - but that's never caused trouble that I know of. What procedure are you following? I'm a bit confused by your use of the word 'resave'.

droyd ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 11:35 AM

EB, thanks for the fast response. I am taking the pose files and putting them in the camera folder. I convert the pz2 file to a cm2 file by retyping the extension. Then I apply the pose to V3 or whatever character the pose is for and if the file only has a png. I try to add (+) it to the library so I can get a rsr thumb to go with my cm2 file. Like I said I have no problems saving poses in the pose folder like this to make a rsr file just seems to be a problem in the camera folder. In other words I apply a face injection pose then save it to the camera library as the same name the png was and it makes and rsr. But when I try to use the rsr file by clicking on it to apply the pose later it doesn't apply it.

ronstuff ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 1:37 PM

That is probably because when you save your image you are overwiriting your pose file (masquerading as a camera file) with a camera file - You can't save pose files directly to the camera folder and you can't save a thumbnail (using the + in library folder) without overwriting the file. Even if you used a pose file to pose the figure that you rendered, resaving it to the library to get the rsr will destroy it. If you want a thumbnail just set your render options to render to a new window that is 91x91 pixels then save that as PNG to the camera folder with the same name as your pose. I use p3DO for converting PNGs to RSRs (and vice-versa)- it sure makes the process easier :-)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 3:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.senosoft.com/

What Ron said. :) Don't write MAT poses back to the library, because they're not an 'official' Poser file type. If you save into the Pose library, you get a straightforward pose file; and if you save into the camera library, you get a camera setting - nothing like what you intended. I second Ron's recommendation of P3dO also. You can get it free at the link. Yarp doesn't give me anything for saying this - he'd be broke by now if he did. :)

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 3:30 PM

Yes I think that p3DO can do PNG to RSR conversions. The other method is, from within Poser 4, save to your Camera pallet like you are doing now, but name the file "z", then in a file manager (e.g. Windows Explorer) rename "z.rsr" to "MyFile.rsr" and delete "z.cm2".

layingback ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 6:16 PM

There is something odd about .png files in Camera folders - they don't support transpancy (whether created by poser or by a 3rd party app), probably as a result of the forced viewfinder graphic addition that EnglishBob mentioned. That's why the Daz Bump graphics look all weird if you move V3, M3, etc. pose files to a Camera folder. So the 2 fixes are as mentioned, PDO or do it the pose folder before the transfer.

droyd ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 10:26 PM

Thanks for the responses everybody, that sure explains the reasons for this situation.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 9:09 AM

Get P3DO and all its plugins. One plugin is "Pattern renamer". You can easily convert png's to rsr's, then use pattern renamer to rename all from pz2 to cm2.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.