Mon, Sep 9, 6:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Poser from DVD...

Dizzie ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 7:42 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 4:21 AM

Since ya'll were so great to tell me that you can move your Poser folder to some place else and run it from an external HD or such, I put my PC in the shop today to have a new DVD burner installed....it was on sale at Tiger Direct but I shopped around and most of the hits Price Grabber gave me showed it $30 cheaper but without software...I bit...I noticed alot of people use Nero and I have Roxio CD & DVD 6 but what program do you use? I want all my Poser stuff more oganized to DVD...

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 8:01 PM

HP DVD Burners come with a good selection of DVD software so that you don't really need anything else. However, I recently got a Plextor and use EZ CD/DVD Creator with it, and it does a very good job. And DVD's aren't even big enough to store my runtimes anymore! LOLOLOL

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 15 June 2004 at 12:10 AM

I copied all my Poser 5 Runtimes to DVD. Vicki took an entire DVD to herself, while the rest of my categories took up another 2 DVD's. You can likely load stuff off a DVD and use Poser that way. The only problem I see is that you can't save to a "write once" DVD. And you always need a particular DVD in the drive if you're working on that item, etc. I figure if nothing else, a DVD makes a great backup. My Runtimes were backed up directly to DVD without any compression. If I lose something on the hard drive, I can copy that stuff right off the DVD back onto the hard drive.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.