Tue, Oct 22, 12:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Textures and Bumps Help

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 4:52 PM ยท edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 8:25 AM

Right i know a lot of people use real people in textures for realism. But how apart from that do you get your images so realistic. Ive been told it has something to do with the bump maps. But im not clear. I wanna do the best that i can, so help would be appreciated.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 5:53 PM

Download the photo realistic Mike texture from the free stuff to see what it takes. Most people who use textures set the figure materials colors to all white with a black highlight color. This helps show the texture map at it's best. You can use bump maps if you want, but they aren't always needed for a realistic effect. -JH.

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 9:12 PM

Bump maps can be used to provide another method of control in manipulating highlights on skin. Skin is kinda "shiny" [bright Highlight Color value & small, undiffused Highlight Size]. However, it is not smooth like plastic, rather, it is still slightly creased & porous [single pixel sized, random, b/w noise on a bump map 2500x2500 or greater]. PLAY ALONG DEMO! If you are in a dim room, reach up, with your palm down, and touch the center of your monitor with you middle finger. Now lower your hand until you see a highlight on your fingernails. Compare this with the highlight you should now see on the back of your hand. Fingernail=no bump map, Skin=noise bumpmap. Just apply a small Strength percentage in close-ups & more in wideshots. A little bit goes a long way.

Daramski ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 9:45 PM

I thought you might want to have a look at this place, it has loads of good tutorials about making textures and bumpmaps, http://mastering3dgraphics.com/ and if you want more, then have a look at this place aswell. http://hamfast.bryce-alive.net/tutorials/bmtut1.html cheers, Darren

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.