Wed, Sep 18, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Attn: Jon Malis

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 11:31 AM ยท edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

file_113710.jpg

Jon, every so often I take out one of your old Posergamers figures and tinker with it for a little refurbishing. When the new texture pak for your Viking figure at DAZ was released, I went into Photoshop, played a bit, and finished off with the figure below, which IMHO stands well with almost any Mike armour set out there. The face is a custom texture, the body texture has been reworked using colours from the new texture set, and the hair prop has been changed from the Male5 one you originally used for the Paladin to this one (which I think also came from a Posergamers character, but I'm not sure). The armour itself has gotten a bit of a shineup as well by playing with the levels settings in Photoshop, and all pieces are now parented and locked so they don't wander when the figure is positioned. The ol' P4guy looks pretty damn good, huh? :) Just thought you might enjoy seeing that some of your older work still has life in it when a little elbow grease gets applied. Thanks for the wonderful model, bud.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 1:47 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to ask jon malis:- What happened to the posergamers free stuff and couldn`t you arrange with someone to put it on their site as dodger did with vanishingpoint.biz?

ronstuff ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 4:14 PM

I agree completely, and would like to add my thanks to John (formerly known as Jon ;-) for the wonderful RPG and Sci-Fi charactes that he made available to us all for free. Since I started using his free characters, I've tried to purchase every one of his commercial products because I know they represent extremely high value and quality. Even so, I still enjoy going back to those original freebies; dusting them off; and polishing them up with some of the new technology such as P5 shaders - but the figures themselves are truly timeless. Thanks Jon!

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 6:50 PM

Agreed, agreed. His old freebies are still quality items! I think with some updated textures, they'd still beat out a good deal of products (except his new ones, which are wonderful. And seem to have a side-effect of creating a hole in my checkbook...)

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 7:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserpros.com

>> *John (formerly known as Jon ;-)* Oops. My bad. Apologies. For what it's worth, I tried a small experiment this afternoon with the Paladin character, and it pretty well worked: open the figure and set it in a default pose position. Then, delete the hair prop. Click on the body and open the figure library for Ichiro and double-click to replace the one body with another, making sure you click the "keep props attached" radio button. With a little tweaking, all of the paladin armour will work quite nicely on him. There's an image of the experiment coming later tonight in the PoserPros gallery: "The Littlest Lancelot".

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 12:51 AM

So, a knight walks into a bar, and the bartender says....

Don ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:54 AM

8?/

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 3:41 AM

Yes he is sitting on a barstool. I was wondering what nomuse meant. Maybe that is the bar sinister?

JHoagland ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:29 PM

If I remember correctly, there were a number of great sci-fi models at the old Posergamers site. We would be happy to host them on Vanishing Point. I always hate to see good models becone unavailable and disappear forever. --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 7:51 PM

....that was no dragon; that was my wife!

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 10:39 PM

The bar sinister thing is a heraldry joke. I think that the bar sinister is a diagonal stripe on a coat of arms that runs from left to right. It means illegitimate lets say...

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 11:47 PM

Yup. Bar: one of the Ordinaries, being a horizontal band, narrower than a Fess. Usually used when two or three are charged upon a shield. Sinister: The side of a shield towards the left of the man carrying it, thus to the right when veiwed from front. Unfortunately my copy of Rodney Dennys does not go into more detail -- and I've used up my Google ration for the evening. Nice knight, by the way. Or should I say; "..a verray parfit gentil knyght."

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 12:03 AM

Did you just say it's parfait night? I'm in! Lhiannan up too late, as usual :)

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 2:48 AM

"So, a knight walks into a bar, and the bartender says...." ... Ya know we don't get many kangaroos in here? ... screwdriver? ... please don't tell me you're looking for the can. o.k. I give up - tough crowd! . . . Anyrate as far as I know sinstral (sinister) just refers to the left side while dexteral refers to the right. The left side being bad could go back into Arabic Tradition which I don't think I really want to discuss. Fencers are said to shake hands with the left hand as the foil is held in the right. I found an old software the other day, still on my H.D. about crests and stuff like that; I'll have to try to find it later on and see if the site I got it from is still up. If so I'll let you know.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 6:29 AM ยท edited Thu, 24 June 2004 at 6:30 AM

Bar sinister is a heraldry term sinister does mean left but on a coat of arms a bar sinister means that the person is illegitimate. Bar sinister means left bar.

Message edited on: 06/24/2004 06:30

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.