Wed, Sep 18, 11:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Latest Image.....vote for your favorite before it's done! Needs a name too!

droyd ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:47 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Hi Folks, Since I started on this image a long while back, I've been seeking opinions from everybody who wants to give them. I've narrowed it down to the final 3 choices. Please feel free to comment (good, bad or indifferent) and choose your favorite. The final version will be painted and not a raw poser render. If you have any ideas for a title I'm hip to that as well, Dark Angel was the working title but it's been done and done. After I get most of the comments in, I'll make a few of my own, if you have questions ask away, thanks everybody!

droyd ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:49 PM

file_113850.jpg

This is version 15.

droyd ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:50 PM

file_113851.jpg

version 16

droyd ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 2:52 PM

file_113852.jpg

version 17

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 3:06 PM

Ver 16

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

ogarcia77 ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 3:19 PM

Ver 16 too. A sword looks classier and a lot more 'celestial' than any other weapons. It looks really really nice btw :) Good job!

artbyphil ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 4:06 PM

I think version 16 I think the long sword goes well with the pose

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 4:10 PM

15..just to be contrary..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

ford3auss ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 4:24 PM

15..for me

3dsound ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 4:45 PM

version 16. The sword is more outstanding and fits the character better in my opinion.

Lunaseas ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 5:04 PM

15 for me as well...I think that it looks better since the spear is resting on the rock, rather than the the stiffness of the sword pose. "Celestial Protector" "Regal Guardian" "stern seraphim"

morbidpeeches ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 5:32 PM

I like 15, but then, I've always been a fan of naginata type weapons.

Butch ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 5:39 PM

I would like any of them, but without the watermark over the picture. I understand why some people feel the need for the watermarks, but to me, if you are asking for an opinion from us, then at least lose the watermarks. I maybe weird, but all I can see is the watermarks, anything under it is basically lost. Thanks Butch

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 5:46 PM · edited Wed, 23 June 2004 at 5:46 PM

#15, but with a thicker and taller naginata. The one showcased looks flimsy.

Message edited on: 06/23/2004 17:46

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Roy G ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:35 PM

I have to agree with Butch. It protects your image I suppose. But I have no interest in viewing the result either.

FreeBass ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 8:01 PM

#16 w/ a differnt hair. Ya ditched "Dark Angel" as a title for overuse....I don' care fer that hair fer the same reason. Mebbe lower her swd arm a tad so the tip is in contact w/ the ground? Holdin' it like that has GOTTA get tirin' on the arm. Title? How 'bout "Angel of the Dawn/ Dusk" ? (I can't tell if is mornin' or evenin') Either way, they all look good

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

nakamuram ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 9:06 PM

16 -- The sword pointed into the ground says "VICTORY." A weapon pointed upward says "Forward into Battle."

cappy3 ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 10:13 PM

15 looks the most natural, in my opinion. "Defender of the Sky" could be a title for her. Can't wait to see the finished image.

droyd ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 12:22 AM

Thanks to everyone that's taken the time to respond so far, sorry about the watermarks if they are a distraction. I realize that I'm not a big name artist that really needs to be worried about someone stealing my image and using it elsewhere, however I have seen so many "is your artwork on this site" threads that I'm maybe overly paranoid about image theft. I can't imagine seeing my art on someone else's site with no way to make them take it down. I figured since I'm just trying to get an opinion on a prop in essence that the watermark wouldn't be a bother. I'll rethink the idea in future, if it bothers people enuf to not leave a comment. Maybe I'll pose the watermark issue in another message to see what people think about the use of them. Keep your opinions coming in, much appreciated.

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 1:53 AM

I prefer ver 15 but I am no artist and I know nothing about weapons... to tell you the truth, the reason why I prefer that version is because the color of the weapon match the colors of your character. The blade in ver16 clashes with the rest of the image (IMHO) and the sword used in ver17 is too small and doesn't take enough place in the whole image. And I would call her either Earth Angel (dressed in earth colors) or Earth Keeper. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Routledge ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 2:14 AM
  1. For attacks from the air the long staff makes more sense. The short sword could be worn for ground use. If you want to use watermarks, which personally I think is a good idea considering the amount of internet artwork theft, you could make it more subtle, but make it more legible by having it light on the dark areas and dark on the light ones. Quite easily done in a paint package by making a negative layer and a mask from the text.

Ariah ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 2:49 AM
  1. That way she resambles a character from my short stories, Ariame, the omniscient. She possesses a weapon, scythe (resembling a spear) that is magical and resides inside her body if a battle is not taking place. Funny thing, Ariame is a brunette and her wings are hawk-like. They too can disappear when not needed;) So, onca again, 15!

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 5:40 AM
  1. For flying, a long, light weapon is most suitable and logical. I would however extend her arm a little, pushing the weapon a little further away from her face. She looks too 'closed in' right now. And I agree with other people here, the hair is too elegant, too static, not somehow relevant to the rest of her style. In fact I would expect a bit of wind disturbance up on a mountain top like that...it always blows up there. But on the other hand I don't understand mixing gorgeous women/sex appeal with weapons/war - seems totally obscene to me. Watermark - lose it, extremely distracting. If you want to show your stuff on the web you have to take your chances I'm afraid. If you're an established artist having serious problems with piracy and so on, well.... maybe. But not even the big name artists I see on the web (with their own sites etc) use watermarks as a rule. Well, you did ask for opinions lol.... :o) As to the image as a whole - nice lighting and colors, good pose, beautifiul girl. Outfit is perfect, wings very nice. Perhaps a little highlight on the left wing, a spotlight on it to bring it out just a little. :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 5:41 AM

Oh, as to title.... Dark Angel is way too overused. 'Guardian' perhaps. :] Fish

Kristta ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 8:01 AM
  1. I like the sword. It's such a classic weapon. It would probably look better to lower the arm a tad so the sword was touching the ground more or even have the tip of it going into the ground. Let's see, as far as title. How about "Angel of Darkness" or just plain "Angel".

droyd ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 5:14 PM

I really appreciate the input. I'll take all your suggestions and post the render in my gallery when it's done, still need to paint it and that could take a while. I may have already thought of another way to make this image a bit more dynamic even though I am very pleased with it as it is. At this point in time I'm probably leaning towards version 15. Ya never know I could still change it but we'll see what happens! If you read this thread and still want to comment I'll check back over the next few days. Thanks again everybody!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.