Mon, Sep 9, 6:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: what are the differences between Eternal Posette and Posette?

PandaPride ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 6:20 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 12:46 AM

i was looking into buying Eternal Posette but I'm not sure exactly what the differences are, would someone please kindly explain them to me? thanks ---Essie

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 7:58 PM

OK, I am not very technical, but I bought Eternal Posette and these are the main differences I can explain. The mesh has been smoothed a bit, meaning that the sharp corners where some of the polygons joined have been smoothed so that the model looks smoother, or in 3d terms "softer". The UVMap has also been redone, allowing a higher quality texture for the same amount of texture memory usage in Poser. When you buy Eternal Posette the figure comes without any textures, so you must either get the free texture here in freestuff (not that good), or buy the texture available (recommended). It's only $5 and it's well worth it. If you buy the texture, send me an e-mail address and I will send you a bump map for the model, and setting for Poser to make the model even better (took me 3 hours to make the bump map, but it was well worth it). You will have to load the morphs from Posette as Eternal Posette has no morphs (but accepts all of Posettes morphs). I have also ripped the JCM's from some of the other freebie versions of Posette and added those to Eternal Posette as well. It's a very versatile character and renders very well. You won't be wasting your money.

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 10:22 PM

Has Eternal Posette been able to get rid of the "shoelace eyebrows" which was such a pain with the standard Posette. I'm talking about the sharp ridges that stick out and are supposed to be the eyebrows.

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 10:40 PM

file_113861.jpg

Mathman, does this answer the question?

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2004 at 10:48 PM

yes I think it does, that looks really good.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 5:31 AM

Wow, off I go to the market place...

PandaPride ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 5:50 AM

ty very much for taking your time to explain this to me! it was very kind of you! I think you sold a few others as well lol ---Essie

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 8:00 PM

OK, this is some advice to improve Eternal Posette. 1) Copy the morphs from the Poser 4 Nude Female into Eternal Posette. This will make Eternal Posette Mimic compatible and allow you to make her smile, etc. 2) In freestuff there is a file from Director called "P4NW JCM". Copy all those morphs into Eternal Posette as well. That will allow muscles to bend and flex the way that the muscles of the DAZ figures do. 3) If you have Real Eyes 1.5 from DAZ, then insert proper eyes for her. If you don't have Real Eyes, download "Nerd's New Eyes P4" by Nerd here in freestuff. Search freestuff here for a file by Les Bentley called "Move Both Eyes at Once". Follow the instructions in the readme and you can move both eyes with one dial. 4) Set all the limits on the morphs. For instance, on the smile morph set minimum and maximum to -1 and 1, but on the frown morph set it to -0.5 and 0.5. Experiment with what you think the maximums and minimums must be. This is important for Mimic, and also for the next step. 5) Search for two Python scripts (if your Poser version can accept Python). The first script is Naturalizer, and the other one is Jiggles. When you animate Eternal Posette these scripts will add serious realism to your animations. I am going to see about releasing an add-on pack for her with all these morphs built-in, but you would need to buy ET for the add-on pack to be any use. I will include the bump map in the add-on pack. Apply the bump map at a very, very low setting. In Poser 5 I have used 0.01. Not sure what that would be in Poser 4. The bump map is special, whereas most models mapped like this need a seperate bump map for the eyebrows I have managed to invert the eyebrow colours from the rest of the map to allow one map for the bump, instead of two. I have added a lot of other morphs for her as well, like a pregnancy morph, and I am busy adding all the aging morphs as well, so that I can make her older at the flick of a switch. I don't need it on my model, but there is also a high heel morph available somewhere to make her wear high heel shoes properly and walk in them. There is also a file in free stuff here for Morph injection Posette, feel free to try and use that as well. I don't need that, so I am not going to bother. If anyone has any other suggestions for improving ET, especially free ones, let me know please.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 2:50 AM

Attached Link: http://digitaldreams.bbay.com/

Thanks for the advice numanoid. The high heel morphs would be Jim Burton's - see link.

PandaPride ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 7:53 AM

ty very much for all your help! ---Essie

Riddokun ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2004 at 6:52 AM

is the joint parameter replacement from yamato compatible swith eternal posette ? i mean the set he used for cancan and early p4 modificatiosn then also released separately as a pose file to apply ?

numanoid ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2004 at 6:06 PM

I don't know. Do you have a link and I will download and check.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.