Thu, Sep 19, 10:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Lighting Bug?

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 6:28 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 11:25 PM

Started an overnight render and watched it go through the first couple of passes, just to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious during scene construction, and then walked away, satisfied that the lighting etc was what I was looking for. It was just a test render, so I wasn't too concerned about it. But, come morning, I find that the picture has rendered out so dark I can't even make out what it is supposed to be! How is this possible? None of the light settings have changed, but more importantly, why would it suddenly turn dark somewhere in the middle of a render? This has happened two nights in a row now on the scene I am working on. Fixing it involved cranking the intensity of the light (I'm using a single radial, no falloff, intensity of 3, plaus a volumetric spot), then slowly lowering the brightness back to where it was originally. This scene is just about ready for final rendering, so I'd like not to have to this happen again. Has this happened to anyone else, or any ideas to stop it from happeneing again?

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 9:00 AM

Try leaving the lights in the office on :) Seriously, though what changes in settings did you make between trial render and final render? there must be some clues in there somewhere

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 5:43 PM

Nope, I didn't change a thing, at least, nothing could account for a change in the lighting. I added a few objects, and tweaked the location of a few more, but nothing else. None of the objects I added are interfering with either of the lights. I stumped. When I started the render last night, everything was well lit. So something happened during the render, as far as I can tell, that screwed things up.

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 3:36 AM

I meant literally what changes in the render settings, i.e change of render size, switch to premium render, true ambience, reflection, ray depth etc etc?

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2004 at 6:31 AM

No, I didn't change any of the render or document settings.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.