Mon, Sep 9, 7:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Looking for a cruise ship

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 9:44 AM ยท edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 4:11 PM

Anyone seen a "Princess" style cruise ship anywhere? I've searched both the free stuff and the Marketplace, as well as 3D Cafe and other sites, but no luck. I would like to find a holiday crise ship like the type in Love Boat. It seems everyone who builds 3D ships goes for the old pirate ships or Viking types or just small sailboats, and there's an over-abundance of space ships, but I'm looking for a Caribbean cruise ship, preferably for commercial use. I need one in the background of an image I'm doing, and I just can't find anything like that. I don't want to use a picture from a real cruiseline company, because of copyright issues. The cruiseline in my project is fictional, so it can resemble any standard cruiseliner, but not be an actual one. And the various versions of the Titanic out there won't do.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Melanie

Message edited on: 06/27/2004 09:44

genny ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 11:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.iw43d.com/Poser/Vehicles/Boats/Boats.htm

Not exactly a cruise ship, but there is a beautiful yacht over at iw43d (Poserworks). Maybe you could use it for your image?

steveshanks ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 2:01 PM

If it helps i have some photos from a liner(Princess of Scandinavia i think it was called) that i took and can send to you, it wasn't a sunny day though (North sea in April LOL) so you may have to do some heavy editing...Steve

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 6:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/145932/Action/FullPreview

This one is sort of close...but, be warned..strap yourself in and take a couple shots of whatever you might have to calm your nerves before opening the link..LOL

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 8:00 PM

Yowee zowee!!! Cherokee69, that's exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not paying $107.50 for it. Eek! But being that it's at Turbo Squid, it's not surprising. I have to wonder if that place ever actually sells anything. Genny, that's a nice yacht, but I'm looking for something much larger, but thanks for the lead. Steve, would your picture be a problem if I used it in an image I plan to use commercially? Would I get in trouble with the Princess Lines if I used it? Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.