Mon, Sep 9, 6:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: A very stupid question, but I need help Please!

PandaPride ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 1:26 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 3:45 PM

Hello! I'm trying to figuare out how to get a file on a web page, so that the hyper link can allow someone to download a zip file. This is for free poser stuff, and i want to link is like we do here in free stuff but I'm clueless on how to do this. WIll someone please help an idiot in need out? thanks ---Essie

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 1:34 PM · edited Sun, 27 June 2004 at 1:36 PM

you need to know the url (that http://blah blah blah thingy) of the zip file. Also, avoid having spaces in the zipfile's name. into the page body you will type a href="http://www.blahblha.bla/myzipfile.zip" Download here /a with brackets and it should work. What's up with the html all of a sudden here?

Message edited on: 06/27/2004 13:36

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 1:37 PM

file_114284.jpg

Here ya go :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 1:42 PM

thanks, Phil -- I haven't used HTML here in a while and all of a sudden it's sorta srewy!

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 1:54 PM

Brackets don't work here. Ever try to type a grin? (bracket ... G ... bracket)? All you end up seeing is the G. ;-)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 2:08 PM

Maybe Panda wants to know how to upload the file, either by one of those file managers, or via an ftp client.

PandaPride ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 2:29 PM

lol well I am getting the HTML thing but Mateo is correct, I don't know how to upload the file via a ftp client etc... Tys so much for the imput guys! ---Essie

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 2:48 PM

Attached Link: TotalCommander

Well in that case it depends on your host, and if you need to ftp it, it also depends on which ftp program you're using. There are several ftp proggies floating around, for free and for sale. I use a very untypical one called TotalCommander. It's actually more like the explorer in that you can use it for all usual explorer stuff, like moving and renaming files (and it does a better jobthan the built in Explorer, as you can for instance have files starting with a space, something you can't in the regular Windows explorer (but you can also in Poser) - and then on top of all that, TotalCommander also has a very good ftp client. So far it's the only one that I have made to work with my firewall. CuteFTP and Bulletproof FTP doesn't work here, but TotalCommander does :o) It's as far as I remember a 30 days try-before-you-buy. Available at the link. To ftp you put in the host name, username and password, and you're good to go.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

PandaPride ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 3:55 PM

ty very much for all your help! i'll give it a look see! thanks again ---Essie

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 4:04 PM

hey, what do you think I do all the interesting,intense,insane
stuff that I do?..brackets..they're your friends..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2004 at 3:31 AM

"brackets..they're your friends..;)" and supporters! ;^) Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.