Tue, Oct 22, 2:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Minor gripe: Character formulas (and thanks, too)

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 10:05 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

So I was experimenting with body types for V3 the other day, and thought: hm, I'd like to see what other people have been doing. So I got myself over to the Poser + Character Formulas gallery. It was my understanding that this sub-gallery was intended for people to give the various dial combinations they used to achieve particular effects.

Imagine my surprise, then, when some 80 percent or so of the pictures in that gallery were just regular renders with no formula! I was particularly irritated when these were described as such-and-such character, now in the Renderosity store; there's a Product Showcase for that. So this is a plea for people to strongly consider whether something should be in the "Character Formulas" category - some people, like me, want to use that category as a reference to see what works for others, and find plain renders with no information to be crowding those out.

On the flip side, I'd like to deeply thank those who have posted various formulas for character settings they've found and liked. It's an excellent way to learn some of the capabilities of the various characters, and see what dial combinations can achieve. Sometimes you see a setting that includes a seldom-used morph, and are amazed by what you can get by setting it to -0.25. :) Your efforts to note these things down are as valuable as a freebie set in many ways. So thank you!

artbyphil ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 10:58 AM

I've noticed this happens quite a lot, Think its been cleared out of the irrelevant stuff a few times but it keeps building up again.

Shoshanna ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 11:36 PM

I sweep it out from time to time, but there's always someone new who misposts in there. I'll clean it out again next week (I'm moving house at the minute so I'm a little short on time) Thanks for reminding me :-) Shoshanna.

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 12:32 PM

No worries, Shoshanna - and good luck on your move. :) I just thought a posing to the Poser forum might clarify matters for some folks who didn't know.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.