Mon, Sep 23, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Poser to Bryce

Gelana ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 3:33 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 7:35 AM

I have just purchased Bryce 5 and am interested in exporting from Poser and importing it to Bryce. I am able to import .PZ3s into Vue but Bryce will not do it. Can someone help me out and give me a clue on this? Thanks!

Gel

Gelana
PaganAttitudes.com

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 3:52 AM

if you purchased it from Corel, then you'll have to export your models from Poser as lightwave objects or .3ds max's, and then import them into bryce. bryce will ask for the textures, which should be in drive: program files: curious labs: runtime: textures: figures: whatever. if you purchased it from DAZ, apparently there's this neat little plugin that does the job for you (19.99) at www.daz3d.com.

artbyphil ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 5:11 AM

Hi The plugin coverts PZ3 files created in poser via daz studio. the plugin works fine with the corel version of bryce, in fact I think the daz version is the same one at the moment.

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 5:14 AM

bikermouse wrote: "It WOULD be nice to import the whole scene though!" You can export the whole scene, except the lighting, as an .obj. It doesn't really take any longer than saving the pz3. I can't think why you would ever want to export the Poser lighting when Bryce is so much better. The best way, IMO, is to spend the least possible time in Poser. Pose the figures and get them out. Handle the environment in Bryce.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 8:06 AM
Forum Moderator

I always export from POser as WAVEFRONT.obj....don't usually get any problems that way.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Yewston ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 12:27 PM

By the way. If you buy Bryce from DAZ the Turbo Import plug-in is part of the download. TC

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.