Sun, Sep 22, 1:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: I Need Help

Asmoday ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 12:00 PM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 11:15 PM

Im a novice with poser 5, I dont know how to use it and I want to put poser characters on my 3d drawings, ive looked for some tutorials in this webpage but I dont find any beginers tutorial, can you give me some advice and tell me where can I find beginners tutorials??

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 12:35 PM

Attached Link: http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/tut1.htm

ernyoka1 has a beginners tutorial on her web site, along with a number of cool Poser free stuff items.

Kristta ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 12:50 PM

Start off small. Very small. Start with trying something like just loading a figure and practice posing it in different poses. Once you figure out how it moves, try adding some hair. Then go back to posing to figure out how the hair moves with the body. Work your way up from the very beginning. There are dozens of tutorials on all different aspects of Poser 5. There is not one though that just walks you through your first image. As you experiment and practice, you will discover things you need some advice on. That is when you come here and post specific questions. Most of all, just keep experimenting.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 4:23 PM

file_116197.jpg

Hi Asmoday, You might be interested in this tutorial. [CLICK HERE](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1651036) to hyperwarp to it. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

diolma ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2004 at 4:14 PM · edited Tue, 13 July 2004 at 4:16 PM

Oh, and Asmoday.
If you are going to pose any of the standard figures, as suggested by Kristta (and I agree with the idea, start by experimenting in small steps), one thing to watch out for is the "Inverse Kinematics" (usually referred to as "IK chains").
The problem with these is that they are usually (by default) turned on for the legs of the majority of figures from the characters library. The result is that the feet get "glued" to the floor. (Never mind why just now..).
To overcome this, click on the (menu) Figure->Use Inverse Kinematics and uncheck the legs (you'll have to do it twice, once for each leg). Now the feet will be "unglued".

Happy Posing!!

Cheers,
Diolma

Message edited on: 07/13/2004 16:16

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.