Thu, Oct 10, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: animation question

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 3:05 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:28 PM

As I create more complex scenes, the playback of these scenes gets very slow (unless I choose "skip frames" which makes the action so jerky that it is indiscernable). Is there a way to somehow cut back on resolution (or do something else) so that the playback is closer to real time? (Otherwise, it is very difficult to get a real idea of the flow of the animation) I don't need to see a lot of detail -- I just need to get a better sense of realtime motion. Thanks.

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 3:15 PM

Try using one of the non-textured display modes, like Flat Shaded. That seems to save quite a bit of time.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 11:43 PM

Box Tracking mode. Display menu --> Tracking --> Bounding Boxes Only

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2004 at 8:41 AM

"Box Tracking mode. Display menu --> Tracking --> Bounding Boxes Only " Yes absolutely!!

My website

YouTube Channel

smiller1 ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2004 at 3:00 PM

I prefer rendering an AVI using Current Display Settings. It's pretty quick and gives you a better idea of how it is going. If you select a resolution of half or quarter, it creates the AVI even quicker.

LonRanger ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2004 at 11:52 PM

Yes, thank you. The BOUNDING BOXES suggestion works well. I don't know why I didn't try it before.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.