Mon, Oct 21, 9:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: What do you think of this one

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 5:39 PM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 12:52 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=719083&Start=1&Artist=catlin%5Fmc&ByArtist=Yes

file_117362.jpg

Well I'm sorry to say it's another Poser image but like I said last time you are the people who's opinions I value. Ok this one is in the sexy category and contains nudity so be forewarned. I'd appreciate your comments on what you think. This contest is doing me the world of good 'cos since I lost all my work in the HD crash this has given me something to focus on to start rebuilding again. Anyways I hope folks like it. 8) Catlin

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 6:39 PM

It's quite nice. But the pic would have been better if you'd pulled the pillar closer to her and made the pic tall instead of wide. Also, more light on her and less on background would make her stand out more.

-- erlik

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 8:10 PM
Forum Moderator

Nice throw-blanketthingy.....her hair seems a bit odd and her righthand could maybe use a tweek.....other than that..nice going, Catlin!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 11:12 PM

I love it..though..um..er..I agree with the bryster on the hand bit. Love the mat on the divan! Curious question..or is it me..who thinks her skin is a bit botchy? her boobs are lighter than the rest of her..and her right leg esp is patchy..not that overall color complexion that one has, esp a person with brown skin.

Sambucus ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2004 at 1:22 AM

Nice work, catlin. One suggestion. Most pin ups/ portraits look better for some soft focus. The SF filters in PSP8 are great. I think you can get a demo if you dont have it. Only other thing I would say is that the blanket throw is so striking the figure is having to compete. Not sure what Id do about that, though. Good luck in the comp.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2004 at 3:26 AM

...and here's another opinion, different again - I wouldn't have the pillar there at all, I'd try to have the figure slightly off-centre, with the head as the apex of a triangle of busy-ness. I love the throw, but if you're keeping the throw I feel you should have the rear wall as a neutral, light colour. Don't know what dark skin should look like - but if you need any advice on white-with-freckles let me know ROTFL

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2004 at 5:26 AM

This one looks wonderful also. Doing great with these. Sharen

Swade ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2004 at 7:58 AM

You are doing excellent Poser work lately Catlin.
I am just going to say... the position of the right hand (her left hand) might be better if it were resting on her leg. As it is she looks as if she is a bit shy and is trying to hide behind her hand.

None-the-less..... I think it is a great image Catlin. 8)

Just my 2 cents

Wade

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2004 at 9:33 AM

Very nice and excellent expression. If I had to change anything I'd say bring the left sholder down a bit. It looks like she's drawing back from something. Dropping the sholder down would make her seem more relaxed and open.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 4:03 AM

WOW! Thanks for all your comment's guys. 8) I think folks are right about the skin on the leg in front being a little blotchy but I believe that this is ok since a couple of my friends, who are black, don't have spotless skin in the leg area. This is like a pose I've been asked to do in life drawing classes, I think some like the sort of timid look and it is quite appropriate especially for a first pose in front of a class of mainly male artists, which is what I've experienced in most life drawing classes. I have one more image to do for this contest and I spent the whole of yesterday working on it, I've nearly got it finished and I think for this one I'll post a preview here and see what you all think before posting to the gallery. Well thanks again dear friends, I don't know what I'd do without you. 8) Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.