Fri, Sep 20, 4:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Writer's Forum July Challenge

GonWaki ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2004 at 8:05 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=373

This month's challenge, creating the dialog during a job interview for an unusual position, is now active. Any questions you care to ask, please post to this thread. Have fun!

manimal ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2004 at 8:56 PM

I'm hoping everybody has had a moving experience taking a job interview. Maybe the interviewer dressed strange, had some weird habits or asked inappropriate questions. The job could be really bizarre. I actually was thinking of a Monty Python skit when I got this idea, e.g., ministry of sillywalks or the argument clinic. It shouldn't be written as a script. Use all your tools of character development and description and most of all have fun creating.

airlynx ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 10:05 AM

lol, manimal, I wonder if I'm thinking of the same Monty Python skit. It was in John Cleese's How to Irritate People?

manimal ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 8:18 PM

Was the "how to irritate" skit the one where at the end the interviewee burst out in anger and three guys standing behind Cleese (the interviewer) held up numbers like judges at an athletic competition? That's not the one I had in mind but it certainly fits! I sure hope some people can get turned on by this challenge and turn out some funny (or gruesome!) prose.

shemia ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 12:14 AM

Sorry to be pedantic but I did notice something I feel should be brought to the Moderators attention. When you click on the link to Contests then scroll down to the Writers Forum Challenge and click on that, it brings up the contest page with an error. The Writers Forum Montly Challenge. The word I assume should be monthly? Gremlins sure are pesky little critters aren't they?

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 12:05 PM

Excellent catch. Correction has been made. I hope our failure to edit hasn't kept anyone from contributing to the challenge. Thank you, shemia!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.