Mon, Sep 9, 5:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: WIP: "Duality" -- Suggestions needed (wide format image)

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 6:41 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 8:33 AM

file_118282.jpg

Ok, this is a further expansion of my previous image. Based on feedback previously, i've adjusted the lighting in it and achieved something I like a great deal. I also scrapped the background, and that's where this post is coming in -- I'm looking for suggestions on what I should do. I was thinking of a courtyard of sorts, and another suggestion I've recieved is an abstract background. So I'm opening it up to suggestions -- maybe that'll spark the idea I need to finsih it right...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 8:39 PM

It could have a starfield as a background or a cityscape.

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 8:46 PM

How about nothing But your particles dof infinity? Roiling layers of them! words are so cheap...

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 9:36 PM

well, the idea isn't to show off my new particles so much, lol. No, I've been trying to get a new picture done with my little Apprentice, and it's proving more difficult -- I'm only partially inspired and just need help. Ok, a cityscape, eh? hmmm... that one might be hard to make. I'll go dig around image after and see what's floating around there. This image is the scene without the atmospherics as well (should have noted that before) which will brighten it considerably, but are going to need to work with the background. I could actually just do a series of the effects going back and DOF them -- that's actually sorta intrguing... any more suggestions?

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 12:24 PM

Well, I'll say a cityscape too, something like Dystopia. OR a starfield, both will be cool, but since you're going to use atmospherics, I guess it would be best to keep it somewhere with an atmosphere L and that outrules a starfield, at least it outrules them floating in outer space :o) I like this new version, it looks COOL!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 2:19 PM

file_118283.jpg

Thanks! I'm getting excited now. Here's the next render stage. I created a simple "locale" for them to battle in, and found a unique angle. It's starting to shape up. Thoughts? (and yes, that's Koshini and Ichiro, with the blacker magic outfit, my goldeflowers texture for it, the GF magick and Magyrie effects, and 8 lights. No postwork, as usual, lol) Only catch is that I have to re-figure my atmospherics for it now :( Oh, the background is something I'm toying with -- close to the ideas?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 2:31 PM

Personally I like the background, but I think it's too bright. The effects doesn't stand out properly. But the angle is great!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

FreeJack ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 4:53 PM

You know, I wonder what this would look like if you use the free cave that's in the freestuff as a setting/background. That way you would have some interesting lighting effects on the walls, plus be able to DOF pretty far back. Jack

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 1:12 AM

how about semi-transparent columns with maybe a stretched effect inside them so they look like they are pulsing? You might also look at Ajax's P5 materials pack for something cool and sf-looking.

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 8:55 AM

The water in the background could be made darker and it might look good with the Laser(?) and the other effect casting some light on the columns.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.