Sat, Sep 21, 7:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Realistic planets and spaceship textures

Batsarse ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 6:16 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 11:25 PM

Can anybody give me some hints or advice as to how to create convincing planet textures that stand up to scrutiny up close as well as at a distance? Also, is there a resource anywhere with a library of good (preferably free) planet and spaceship skin textures? I think it's my lack of ability in the texture-creating department that leads me to have to resort to a lot of lighting and photoshopping to hide the flaws. Any hints, links or tips would be very welcome.

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 6:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1810673

file_118505.jpg

Dont know if this can help. A great tutorial on how to create realistic planets with textures.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 8:14 AM
Forum Moderator

Woah! Stunning!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 11:21 AM

beats my idea..;) If you want to cheat, there's a site called 'Wolfie's Den', that has some planet textures..Mars and Jupiter are pretty good, other planets and moons are available..;) just slap on a sphere, and you're dealin'..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 1:37 PM

Attached Link: Planet Textures

Try these

Stephen Ray

Batsarse ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 10:19 AM

Thanks, everybody. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.