Mon, Oct 21, 11:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Shade - Anyone looked lately? bwahahahahaha

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 12:15 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 8:11 AM

Ok, I'll start off with easy declaratives, lol. I used Shade 5. It was a trial that had been sorta kludged into English and had no user manual or help o even support from 3rd parties online. I loved it. It didn't make modelling a challenge to figure out. Although I've become a die hard Wings convert, I am dying to get my hands on Shade now. I checked out the Demo of the LE version, and wasn't terribly impressed -- but that was more because I couldn't do anything with it, lol It is a different program, and it is not as directly "simple" to grasp as Poser is, so unless you are very much interested in learning a higher end 3D package, it's not the way to go. But if you want to do stuff like you can do in Lightwave or 3DS MAX, it's a VERY nice package. Especially for rendering abilities. FOr most general use, Standard is going to be the route to go, ut if you want to do serious stuff, of course you'll have to get the higher end professional version. The rendering limitation is somewhat bothersome, but a 4000 pixel image will do in most cases for print production when combined with Photoshop and reasonable knowledge of using it. Shade has GI and Radiosity -- two thing folks whine about a lot. Shade has particle systems -- somehting I'm into personally. It exports obj. That's something of a bother, as it means there won't be a lot of direct in and out, *but -- Poserfusion allows import of Poser scenes. Poser scens are suspended in OBJ format, so think a bit there, lol. In fact, it's greatest weakness is that it's import/export capabilities are negligible outside of the Professional version. But all of them do support RIB (damn, still need to get that BMRT client...) I'm rather excited about this. I've seen what it could do in Shade 5, and the features have all been improved on dramatically. I'm going to have to do an NVIATWAS as soon as I get it. Just gotta!

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

geep ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 12:48 PM

Cool ...

... but ...... what does "NVIATWAS" mean?

cheers, (?)
dr geep(ers)
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 12:50 PM

NVIAT ... WAS ... what? And who is Nviat? ;=?

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 12:54 PM

NVIAT was this gal who had a problem with clothes, loved really shiny sharp things, and ran around funky looking sets all the time. oh, no, wait a sec, that's me... Um, I think it has something to do with nekkid victorias, swords, and temples....

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 1:04 PM

Naked Vicki in a temple with a sword NWIATWAS There or so many of them, we just use the acronym. Some of us prefer NMIATWAND Naked Mike in a temple with a naked David Of course, that's just a matter of taste.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 3:35 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

file_121140.jpg

NDHIATWAS-Naked Dead Horse, (poor horse was beaten to death), In A Temple With A Sword. :O)

nickedshield ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 4:29 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Wipes soda off monitor

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 4:35 PM

Naked Mike in a temple with a naked David Probably wouldn't get as many hits, but what hits there would be would be quality..... LOL

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

geep ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 6:40 PM

LOL @ Philywebrider Luv it !!! ..... Thanks 4 the chuckle. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 9:47 PM

How's the speed of GI in Shade, ynsean? If it uses Radiosity, I'm assuming it must be relatively slow compared to other meathods.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Dave ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 7:39 AM

Bring on the NMIATWAND pics! Dave

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 10:34 AM

file_121141.jpg

I thought maybe the dead naked horse Pic might be too suggestive and/or violent.

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 10:47 AM

poor horse was beaten to death And then, once it was dead, it was beaten and beaten and beaten and beaten some more.... ;-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 12:38 PM

Violence against horses makes me cry. :-( ;-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 1:30 PM

Easy elizabyte, calm down I was just 'horseing' around. maxxxmodelz, I say 'neigh' to horse violence, so 'bridle' your emotions and I won't 'saddle' anyone with horse pain. It be 'hooves' me to be kind to the horse.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 2:25 PM

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM ! ... He's just trying to hide his true feelings. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 2:57 PM · edited Mon, 09 August 2004 at 2:59 PM

I give up! :OP

Message edited on: 08/09/2004 14:59

geep ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 4:04 PM

re: " I give up!" <-------- too easily! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 4:12 PM

I have to 'bridle' myself, 'rein' in my puns, thats 'mane' reason I gave up.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 4:38 PM

HAH! ....... Very PUNny! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 4:54 PM

Now I give up! :OP

geep ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 6:19 PM

What, ............ AGAIN? ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 4:15 AM

How's the speed of GI in Shade, ynsean? If it uses Radiosity, I'm assuming it must be relatively slow compared to other meathods. Shade 7 can use Radiosity, Path Tracing and/or Photon Mapping.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.