Wed, Sep 18, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: OT -- Poser success story

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 4:29 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 8:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.planit3d.com

file_121181.jpg

So some time ago, I wrote a little story for my new godchild, a small cautionary tale about presumption and its consequences (You can read it in the Writers Nook forum at www.Planit3d.com). Well, it looks like it's found a real publisher in the UK, with a release date scheduled tentatively for next fall (as in, year from fall coming). The interior illustrations are all much in the same style as the cover: lots of white space, no backgrounds to speak of, but lots of detail put into the facial expressions and postures of the characters. I really hadnt planned on ever selling this, but now that it's happening, it's kinda cool to think about. It's all Ichiro, BTW, with things taken from the various clothing paks available in tandem with props and clothing from other characters that have been rescaled.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

-Yggdrasil- ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 4:41 PM

Most excellent. Congratulations! That's really cool. Your style is very like Dreamworks' Shrek series in it's presentation, I can see why you have been picked up. I'll have to go read your story now! I, myself, am awaiting a magazine article that will hopefully be published in an anime magazine that I filled out a couple of weeks ago. Also busy (well, not for the last couple days) generating new characters for a game I've been working on with someone. A life-simulation-type game. ;)

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 4:54 PM

COngratualtions!1 This is awesome! :D

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

geep ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 5:12 PM

... and Thank You for sharing it! ;=] CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geoegress ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 5:12 PM

Congrate sean :)

Hawke ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 5:41 PM

Well done and congratulations - you could be the next J. K. Rowling :D I like you knight in his cool shades :D

ypinar1 ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 6:08 PM

where can i find victoria3 base full or trial

neftis ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 6:11 PM

Oh this is sooo cool!!! All my congratulations and admiration!If it ever reaches Sweden, I'm buying!!!!:D It's so good to see some poser success(well not only poser we've got to admit huh?) Hugz

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 6:16 PM

Thanks, guys, much, much appreciated. I'm just hoping it goes well, because I already have another project in mind to follow this one, a little book from the 1950s called David and the Phoenix. I dont even know who owns the rights now, but it's one of those things just screaming for this kind of illustration style. I'll post some of the WIPs of the interior illustrations as they're developed, probably over at the galleries at PlanIt3d or PoserPros. Hope you enjoy them.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

ronstuff ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 6:41 PM

Looks like a really special project - congratulations. It's good to see you get the recognition you deserve.

Lunaseas ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 6:58 PM

wonderful...congrats!!

geep ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 7:12 PM

Well, Sean ... I went, I read, and all I can say is ... BRAVO !!! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

cooler ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 7:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.purplehousepress.com/Ormondroyd.htm

Sean, I'm sure you know the author is Edward Ormondroyd however the latest edition of David & the Phoenix (with illustrations by Joan Raysor) was published in January 2001 by Purple House press. The link above is for Mr Ormondroyd's page & here's the contact info for Purple house... Purple House Press PO Box 787, Cynthiana, KY 41031 859-235-9970 9 AM - 7 PM, Eastern Time jimorgan@earthlink.net

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 7:15 PM

Congrtas. BTW I like the image you posted. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 8:42 PM

Congratulations! How totally cool. Let us know when it's on Amazon! :-D

genny ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 9:13 PM

Congratulations, this is wonderful news.(:

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 11:27 PM

Congratulations indeed! :)

Foxseelady ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 12:26 AM

Congradulations!! That is very exiting please do let us know when it is done and ready! I loved it lol at the pillows and water balloons....priceless!! Fantastic imagination I look forward to the illistrations! Again congradulations what a wonderful thing to happen especially for a story written for a godchild ;)

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 2:01 AM

Sean, you're somebody's godfather? giggle ;-) Big congratulations on the publishing and the story is wonderful. :-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 2:16 AM

Wow, congratulations and good luck!

Kreations By Khrys

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 2:59 AM

Congrats, Sean. Hey, I thought I was the only one on the planet who ever read David and the Phoenix :D One of my favorite books of all time! Kate

Smoovie ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 5:38 AM

Congrats and thank you for sharing.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 5:43 AM

Congrats, Sean! I loved the story when I first read it. It's very well deserved, this!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

x2000 ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 7:05 AM

Cool! Hey, make sure to let everyone know when it's released and where we can buy it.:)

A_ ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 8:19 AM

hey, congratulations!! :)

shazz501 ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 9:06 AM

a big hearty congratulations to you!!! and after reading your wonderful story,very well deserved,i loved it!!! please let me know when its available and i will definately be interested in purchasing it :D again,congratulations!!

geep ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 9:14 AM

Hey! .... Me, too! I'll buy one. NaySayGuy wants me to read it to him. ;=] cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.