Wed, Sep 18, 12:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Problem with Textures on Poser Import

seaayre ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 6:29 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 7:17 AM

file_121692.jpg

Hi. I have had Vue 4 for a while, but had to give up learning how to use it due to an inadequate computer. However, just got new computer so here I am again. :)

So this is an imported from Poser 5 figure, and what I can't figure out is why the metallic areas on the imports are rendering with a grass textured look. Not only is it on the legs/greaves but it is on the sword as well. Can anyone give me a clue as to how to fix this? :) Thanks!

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 6:45 PM

Looks like the metal might be reflecting the grass texture? Check that and see if that might be it.

seaayre ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 6:52 PM

Okay. That makes sense. :) But can you tell me how to do that? Still pretty much of a newbie here. LOL Thanks!

niandji ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 7:01 PM · edited Tue, 10 August 2004 at 7:05 PM

Easiest way would be to change the grass texture to something else, like the red and white stripes in the basics materials,for example.

Message edited on: 08/10/2004 19:05

sittingblue ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 11:24 PM

You need to view the material for the greaves in the Material Editor (F6 and scroll to the appropriate material / then right-click / edit).

Check the controls under the Reflection tab. Reduce the reflection percentage to the level you desire.

Charles

seaayre ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 11:32 PM

Thanks for the tips. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.