Mon, Sep 9, 4:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Have time for a few how-to questions?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2000 at 1:15 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 2:51 AM

I'm exposing my inexperience here... How do you switch heads? Am I to assume that when I apply a pre-made texture set, say, for P4Fem, that she will still look like the basic P4fem and not the character the texture is offered on? I have a gold ring prop that won't conform to the finger - after rotating, scaling, and choosing the finger as the parent, the ring still sits in space. How do I get it on the finger? I am appreciative of any guidance you can give. Thank you!

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2000 at 1:31 PM

Correct. Characters take on their look through changing the morph dials. Your textures are just that-- textures, and will not change, say the shape of the face. The reasoning behind "parenting" an object or prop is to keep it "stuck" on the character through turns and twists and general posing. You have to first position the prop where you want it, and then parent it. You can still move it after you parent it, but if you move the hand the ring is on, the ring will stay in place on the hand.

Chas ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2000 at 7:45 PM

If it's not a conforming figure to begin with, don't try the "conform to" feature. Position it, then go Object>Properties (I think) and hit the "Set Parent" button. Select the proper finger segment in the drop-down hierarchy, and you should be fine. Sometimes, you need to readjust the position after parenting it, but it'll still follow any movements of the hand once you do so. I'm not sure what you mean by switching heads. Take care Chas

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.