Sat, Sep 21, 6:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Volumetric textures

skypeopleusa ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 4:10 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 2:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.skypeopleusa.com/brycegallery.htm

Hi everyone sorry to bother but I'v attempted to work through this utorial(http://www.bryceworks.com/tutorial/vmodels/vmod1.html) to no avail. The image i end up with is no where near what the tutorial has. I'm having 3 problems that I can identify. 1. on the above page it shows a camera view with a "top" and "side" view. For the life of me I cannot find that view. Nor have I been able to make the top and right or left views match those. 2.It says create an Omni Light Duh whats an omni light ? I created the other light paramerters called for but is that an omni light ? 3. On the same page it shows a drop down menu with flat, full, basic and light sensative shading. The drop down I find does not include the "Basic shading" which of course is what is supposed to be used. ????? I really appreciated the help on my last question. I will appreciate any help with this one. Maybe I missed a camera tutorial and a light tutorial ? If so could some one guide me to those.

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2000 at 12:09 PM

file_137054.jpg

Ok, I'm not the greatest in bryce.. but I can give a stab at these ones.. 1) .. in the "main work" area, when creating a new primitive or whatever..off on the left you have the 'select views' control area.. just under that and to the right a little is a small triangle.. click on it.. and you should see the Top / Right / Left options. 2) Omni light ? well, looks like a simple Radial light to me, but perhaps there is someone more in 'the know' on this one. 3) As it says in the tutorial, fist you have to switch to Volume.. when you first go into the M.E., it's set to surface.. green button with a planet inside .. near the upper left.. click on that.. then to the right, where the textures will be listed.. there is again a Triangle .. basic shading should now be there. I have tried to keep the following as small as possible.. but hope it helps locate the options you're looking for.

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.