Sun, Sep 22, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Too many files?

MissCaly ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 6:39 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

Hello all and thanks for such a great and helpful site. I've run into a huge problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. It seems that I have way too many files in my Pose library and I can't access any of the ones past a certain point in the list (using P4/PP). I've tried PBoost with no luck as it is causing issues with other programs on my comp so that is not a solution at this time. I'm wondering if there is a way to create other folders inside the Pose folder (or elsewhere) so that I can actually use all the great downloads I have. I thought I had read about this elsewhere but cannot find the information now. I had tried once to create a new folder and name it something and then move the files that I wanted to use for a specific project but I was getting error messages when I did this so had to move the files back. Is this at all possible to do and, if so, can someone please take the time to explain it in simple English. Thanks in advance for the help.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:05 AM

Upgrading to Poser 5 is one option - apart from PBooost, that's the only way to create sub-folders. P4 won't recognise them. What I do is to create a 'storage' folder outside of the Poser library, and move stuff into and out of there. It sounds as if you've tried that without success, but rest assured it can be made to work. A couple of tips - use P3dO Explorer to move the library items, because that will move the thumbnail with it. Second, don't move anything from the DAZ injection poses, because this can break your character packages. You can also, in addition to this, move some or all of your poses to the camera library. Change the extension from PZ2 to CM2 and they'll work just the same.

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:16 AM

Open Windows Explorer and create a new folder, i.e.: File/New/Folder. Name it something simple, like "libraries." Double-click on that folder and make another one. Name it "Poses." Put Explorer in windowed mode and size the window to less than half your screen. Open another Explorer window and put it next to the first one. Navigate to the PoserRuntimeLibrariesPoses folder. Click on a folder of poses you're not using and drag and drop it onto the dummy pose folder you just created. When you need those poses again just drag them back. Repeat as necessary. You can also do it for Characters, Faces, Lights, etc. And you can do it while P4 is running.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:41 AM · edited Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:43 AM

It is a pain, trying to move stuff in and out of your runtime. I hate having to track down pose files, textures, geometry files, etc. I'm sure I miss some.

There are some programs out there that are supposed to help you install and uninstall products. Like this one:

http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=21087

Haven't tried it myself, but I'm considering it. Edited to say: it's on sale at PoserPros. And PoserPros is having another buy one, get one free sale. I'm definitely considering it now...

Message edited on: 08/27/2004 08:43

DayTimer ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 1:36 PM

If you're using WinXP...and most users are....make sure your drive that Poser and PBooost is on is NTFS file system. A FAT 32 file system will cause a folder lock in WinXp. But using WIN 98 SE...PBooost worked fairly well. Hope you get it going . :) BTW...You may try to combine some of your fav pose folder together based on category or character...etc.. and use those then move them around based on others suggestions above.

MissCaly ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:08 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have finally come up with a way to sort of keep my Pose folder cleaned up. It's probably not the best solution but it will do for now. I am going to try and reinstall PBoost and see if the problems occur again and will use CorrectReference as well. Thanks again folks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.