Sun, Sep 22, 8:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Spherical Panoramas

thuleke ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2004 at 11:43 AM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 7:07 PM

I need a software for stitchin and create spherical panoramas...fake hdri images

Message edited on: 08/29/2004 11:45

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2004 at 1:24 PM

Stitcher3.1 ( free on issue 55 of 3D world ) But there is a possibility they sold out, because they where also giving away Vue 3 on that issue.

Stephen Ray

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2004 at 1:46 PM

I have a tripod and a chance to take some photos right now. Should I take how many and how many degrees apart?

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2004 at 5:21 PM

as many as you can at 10 degrees apart, less distortion overall

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 2:30 AM

Electroglyph, it depends on the focal length of your lens. Wide angles are preferable but the idea is for each frame to overlap the previous by at least 30 degrees so that you can get enough overlapping detail to make a proper stitch. Exposure should be consistant to have as little color cast problems as possible.

Thuleke, Stitcher 3.1 is a good program and it was also on the August 2004 issue of Computer Arts magazine also for free and is where I got my copy from. You can try Dr. Helmut Dersch's PanoTools (Freeware command line plug-ins), comes with Photoshop plug-ins, do a Googles search. Several frontend gui applications are on the market some costing as much as $60 USD. Heres more info:

PANORAMA TOOLS

Panorama Tools FAQ

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 7:04 AM

P.S.

The PanoTools package contains applets that creates the panoramas; pteditor and ptpicker which require java runtime environment to be installed on your system in order for them to work. If you dont have java already installed or need the upgrade (latest version is 1.4.2_05) then it can be downloaded from here:

Sun Microsystems

Checkout the FAQ for any questions.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.