Wed, Sep 18, 10:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:31 am)

Subject: What I want... continued.

FrenchToast ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 1:34 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 7:09 AM

Isn't there some way to put all of the contestants images in a contest gallery of sorts? I have trouble keeping track of who I could vote for. Maybe you ought to consider a nominative vote befor the actuall contest vote... get about 12 images togeather for everyone to consider and vote over.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 7:38 PM

The problem with that idea is that there are several different types of contests and challenges here, some where you vote, some where you vote after nominations, some where the votes are the nominations and staff picks the final winner, some where the sponsor does the voting, some where a panel of judges does the voting. There are challenges within the major forums where the members vote, but those should stay within their respective forums. Art in the galleries should stay in those sections, too. Those are fairly permanent. Those are also more directly under the control of the uploader. You can always delete a forum post or a gallery post if you have improved and 2 years later you want to remove the earlier work and post an updated version. 3dcommune does have a special contest gallery, which makes seeing all the entries easier. But I wonder if stuff posted gets forgotten 6 months later? Carolly

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2004 at 5:51 AM

what about a subsection for each area like portraits could that work as there are a lot of member organised ones going on just an idea Chris :o)

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away

Armorbeast ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 7:28 PM

Bigger you make it...more confused it gets and some of the sections would go unused for some time~thus seeming a waste of space.Now if someone were in charge of each section they ask to be created and sponsor a contest or challenge in each every month,then maybe it might make more sense.Otherwise,this site is too big as is and too understaffed to properly watch and organise what they already have...lets not add more unless you're willing to take full responsibility for the longterm management yourself.

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.