Thu, Sep 19, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:15 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: how many professionals

futuramik ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2000 at 9:09 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 11:50 AM

I've been coming to renderosity for a couople of months now and am totally blown away by the quality of work posted and was wondering what percentage of members are profesional cg artists in some way or another

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2000 at 11:46 AM

Define "Professional;" I'm not much of an artist, but I am the "Graphics Guy" and "Minister of Propaganda" and "Data Entry Goon" for my company... (We're pretty small right now... ;-D). Does that count as "Professional"?

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2000 at 12:28 PM

If you make money at it then you are considered a professional. futuramik - I guess that makes me a professional. ;) Clint Hawkin-Z Graf-X http://www.gw.total-web.net/~chawkins

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

KenS ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2000 at 12:25 AM

I guess I would fall into the professional criterea also. Ken

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2000 at 11:58 PM

Even though I no longer work full time in the field, I do a limited amount of freelance CG, both architectural, web graphics, and corporate identity stuff [logo design, etc] so I guess that makes me still at least semi pro... Since the bulk of my work is in hardware configuration, I don't consider myself a working pro artist though.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Ricochet ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2000 at 11:42 AM

Hi Futuramik! I also don't get money for my pictures each time. I mean, sometimes, if somebody needs a logo, a special motiv or just a simple picture, I get a "fistfull of dollars". But I think this is just a hobby and not my job - so I'm not a professional, more like Ironbear: a semi pro.

futuramik ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2000 at 8:09 PM

thanx to everyone who replied.I've been employed as a press photographer,as well as freelance journalist but now design and print decals and tee shirts for my own business,and work part time in a CD store (music).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.