Mon, Sep 9, 7:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Man's "Frock Coat"

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 10:18 AM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 1:32 PM

file_128156.jpg

Since Bill Redfern is working so hard on the TARDIS console, and it's looking really good, by the way, I wonder if anyone out there with clothing experience would be interested in attempting a man's long frock coat. There are a few trench coats and one from DAZ that looks more like something from the Matrix, but these just don't fill the bill for the good old Doctor. The above pictures of Colin Baker is what I have in mind. Anyone up to the challenge to try to make a coat like this? The texture isn't that important, because the basic coat can be used for several of the doctors. Melanie

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 10:47 AM

I thought Colin Baker was the one with the scarf..but that was 20 years ago..;) PhilC has a Lab coat, with some tweaking, that might work.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 10:48 AM

Maybe a few lapel morphs too... The basic style is historical, so there might be something out there already. And, if not, there's plenty of other uses.

Greebo ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 11:28 AM

It was Tom Baker who had the scarf :) Not to mention the jelly babies

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 11:35 AM

I've searched everywhere for something like this, but never come quite close enough to this particular design. All the others I've seen just aren't quite right. And Greebo is right, Tom Baker was the one with the scarf. He had the longest run on the show, so he made the biggest mark on the show. I like Colin Baker's Doctor just because he was so quirky. :) Melanie

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 11:57 AM

Have you looked at the Duster for M3 over at rdna, under the Western theme area? Textures are wrong but the shape might be OK.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 1:09 PM

How about the Pirate Pak for M3 at DAZ? That might work, with the right texture map.

JetM ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 1:11 PM

Have you seen the Refined Tastes package for M3 at RDNA? The lapels aren't quite a match, but you could probably fix that with a good texture map

Redfern ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 2:09 PM

Attached Link: http://istore.mikrotec.com/philc/index1.html?page=catalog&trackerid=992580390&category=a&vid=795014

file_128158.jpg

PhilC's "Victorian Couple" is a decent alternative. Though the ad displays the "Dork" wearing the outfit, PhilC coded it so one can use the head of Michael 1 if the purchaser already owns it. Keep in mind, however, the outfit is designed for the Poser 4 Nude Male's body, so it can't be easily fitted onto Michael. The "up side" is that it handles the default Walk Designer better. For my image, I removed the "starched" pants and replaced them and the shoes with the trousers and dress shoes that come with Poser. PhilC does sell trenchcoats for both Michael and Victoria (version 1/2) which might fit your needs. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 6:33 PM

Great! So many ideas. Thanks for all the tips. Melanie

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 8:44 PM

For M3, look at Wusamah's Sade Package over at DAZ. For M2, the trench coat, also at DAZ.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 9:41 PM

yeah..like ah sayud..it's been 20 years..;) I keep thinking Colin Firth was on Dr. Who..but names have never been my strong point..')

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 10:31 PM

That's an interesting thought -- I wonder how Dr. Who would've fared in the Matrix?

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 10:36 PM

pretty well actually... he beat the Master's 'helper' 3 falls and a large dose of feedback ;) (Deadly Assasin - the Matrix on Gallifrey is part of the Time Lord computer system where Time Lord minds are copied to upon death) as to that coat... BURN IT... my poor eyes!

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 8:39 AM

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.