Sun, Oct 6, 6:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Is Poser 5 owned by Curious Labs?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2004 at 5:57 PM ยท edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 6:03 PM

The last time I checked P5 was slated to be sold to a Japanese company named Shade or something. I just went to CL's site to see what has befallen them and it seems they not only still have P5, but Shade as well?!! What kind of program is Shade7?

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2004 at 6:07 PM

e-frontier now owns Curious Labs. e-frontier is the developer of Shade. Shade is a modeler, somewhat like Amapi.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2004 at 9:43 PM

Correction. e-frontier has merged with Curious Labs. CL still owns Poser, e-frontier still owns Shade. It's a business partnership.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 2:53 PM

Oh..no..do I see a one package of Poser and Shade together in one software engine, in the future? Can be a good thing..:-)

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 10:00 AM

but unlikely in the near future except as a bundled offering. It reduces the profit margin.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.