Fri, Sep 20, 5:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Medals site Update

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 10:56 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 6:06 AM

Attached Link: http://eljefe52.xidus.net

file_130344.jpg

Just posted the Campaign Medals 1861-1939, Army and the Navy & Marine Corps to my web site. These are a higher quality texture than the others on the site, because since June, have been purchasing the medals themselves and scanning them in. The Decorations and the Misc Medals for the same period will be posted towards the end of next week. I am in the process of re-doing the present day medals, and will be replacing those on the site as I finish them. Have fun, and enjoy them. Robin

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 10:59 PM

file_130345.jpg

Here's a second medal. (BTW, the 1st was the Army of Cuba Occupation Medal 1898). This is the Navy & Marine Corps West Indies Campaing Medal 1898. Just as an aside, I have met a couple of dealers of militaria who are contributing pics of medals I'm missing, as well as patches. So, once the medals are done, will be working on the patches.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 11:54 PM

Very well done! Do you have an Iron Cross (or similar NAZI honors)?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 11:57 PM

Note: Your PHPs do not appear to work with Mozilla (v1.7). All I get is a "NetStat" link in the corner next to the image.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 4:47 AM

Nice work - as I understand it, these are free for use (but not distribution, of course)?

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 6:24 AM

kuroyume0161, I'm mainly concentrating on the US medals right now. I do have pics of around 600 Medals and Awards from several other countries, including Germany. Hadn't considered doing them, but will see what I can do. Phantast, yes, they are free to do with as you please. No limitation on commercial or non-commercial use. I put no restriction other than someone claiming as their own work. These are my "gift" to the Poser community.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 8:16 AM

Thanks for the update! I'll scoot over this afternoon when I finish teaching and have a look. Your site will be part of my links page for the veterans archive when I get the actual site up and working.

Sarte ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 2:54 PM

Neat!

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.